Upgrading from Ableton lite to the full version ??

Posted 29th Mar
do you think it's worth it if you just use it casually. was just making someone and used up all 8 tracks pretty quick and thought it would be good to have more but it's pretty expensive! do you get a lot of extra features like more instruments?
Community Updates
Ask
3 Comments
How much is it these days? I vaguely recall buying an Audiophile sound card once (was approx 15 years ago now) because it was cheaper to get albeit stripped down version of the software cheaper that way than buying it outright - I guess that hadn’t changed
There are 3 versions beyond Lite and they have increasingly bigger lists of features; see Ableton for a comparison.
ableton.com/en/…ns/

The Intro version is fairly cheap; try eBay or wait for an offer from Ableton.
Standard is the middle tier and probably enough for many.
Suite is very comprehensive.
I upgraded Lite to Suite for just under £300; BestService.
I knew that if it wasn't for me I could sell it at a good price.
Standard is not a cut-down whereas Intro is so you may outgrow that soon also.
But Standard isn't exactly cheap even on offer.
joeydeacon29/03/2020 22:19

How much is it these days? I vaguely recall buying an Audiophile sound …How much is it these days? I vaguely recall buying an Audiophile sound card once (was approx 15 years ago now) because it was cheaper to get albeit stripped down version of the software cheaper that way than buying it outright - I guess that hadn’t changed

Since I have lite it's giving me an upgrade price of 269 to standard. Still pretty expensive as from watching videos you don't get that much more. I'll probably just play around with the 8 tracks some more unless there's any way to get it cheaper
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions