Upgrading itouch to 2.0 from 1.1.4 without going through apple?

Banned
I have a itouch on v 1.1.4 (4A102) and it is a first gen model. I'm looking to upgrade it to 2.0 but my internet at home is down for a while and the internet in work is being blocked by my web filter on the apple store.

Is there anyway of upgrading to 2.0 without going through the itunes or apple.com?

11 Comments

Original Poster Banned

Cheers. Can I go straight to 2.2.1 from 1.1.4 or do I need to go to 2.0 first?

Rep added

Original Poster Banned

Nice one mate

Will try that when it downloads

why dont you jsut want to upgrade it to 2.2 ?

Original Poster Banned

Paddy Charlie;4279654

Cheers. Can I go straight to 2.2.1 from 1.1.4 or do I need to go to 2.0 … Cheers. Can I go straight to 2.2.1 from 1.1.4 or do I need to go to 2.0 first?Rep added

tsar_nate;4279987

why dont you jsut want to upgrade it to 2.2 ?

I already asked that, wasn't sure if i could

Original Poster Banned

That didn't work. I think it needed to connect to the apple server which my PC can't do so now I'm stuck with my formatted ipod without any version of the firmware. (Did back up songs though)

Any ideas how I can get it back without connecting to apple?

Original Poster Banned

Anybody know?? ^^^

I'm getting bored in work without any music and can't face the gym later without some tunes to keep me going

uninstall your itunes and get teh latest version i think its 7.7 connectyou ipod to it and download the latest firmware if no luck then try 2.2 iPod touch firmware download in google and wh nyou go to the restore part in tunes HOLD the SHIFT button and press restore then in the window that opens look for your 2.2 firmware that you downloaded and you should be fine from there

Original Poster Banned

I have itunes 7.7 and have the 2.2 recovery file which i downloaded but as I said it tries to connect to a apple while recovering and is getting blocked by my works filters

dcx_badass;4284151

You did it wrong then, it shouldn't need to connect, unless update 2.2 … You did it wrong then, it shouldn't need to connect, unless update 2.2 only works under iTunes 8 which has been out for a few months. Try it with itunes 8 installed.

im on 7.7 and it updated to 2.2 + mines jailbroken :thinking:

Paddy Charlie;4283058

I have itunes 7.7 and have the 2.2 recovery file which i downloaded but … I have itunes 7.7 and have the 2.2 recovery file which i downloaded but as I said it tries to connect to a apple while recovering and is getting blocked by my works filters

right so your at work using there internetz lol can you not do it from home as i think the works firewall dissalows the connection

Original Poster Banned

I did it exactly as described above but just didn't happen.

My home internet is down for a while but I'll just wait until the weekend and do it in a mates.

Just meant I had to watch Corrie on treadmill last night instead of some tunes lol
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047132
    2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2240
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767346
    4. What would be HELL to you?2634

See more discussions