Groups

upgrading my laptop

hello everyone.

i need to upgrade my laptop, its a fujitsu siemens "amilio pro v7010" with a "ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9000 IGP" chipset.

im looking to order some RAM, thats not a problem as i know what im looking for. what i want to do is upgrade my processor, its a 2.53 celeron (it runs very very low). is it possible to upgrade it to something like a pentium? if so what processor would be ideal?

im a student and can not really afford a new laptop.

i aint that good with all this upgrading busines, i tryed to research it all but with no luck.

thank you.

2 Comments

You will need to find out what motherboard your laptop has to find out what processors are compatible with it.

I'm not too familiar with the Celeron CPU's ( i try to avoid them like the plague) so i don't know if they use the same socket as the Pentium's. If your lucky then you will be able to fit a faster Pentium chip in there.

The only problem is actually getting your laptop opened up so you can get at the processor to replace it, this is usually a lot easier said than done when it comes to laptops.

It might not be worth the hassle really, as the extra RAM should give you a significant performance boost anyway so you might be able to cope with just the extra RAM.

You could always try some other things to get it running a bit faster,i always find it usually runs a lot faster after a format, as you will have got rid of a lot of unneeded programs/files.

Hope i was able to help you, good luck.

Original Poster

thanx a lot. yes you were very helpful, ok i will try and find out what motherboard it has. yeah i was silly buying this laptop. i just want to get it up to speed a bit.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764364
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?32174
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846231
      4. The State on Ch411

See more discussions