Groups

Upgrading PS3 Hard Drive

Will be getting my ps3 soon and thought it'd be better to upgrade the hdd before i make saves and having to re download everything, so i heard it voids the warranty but if something goes wrong with it cant i just put the 40gb hard drive back in? would they know? also ive downloaded a few blue ray movies of the net, is it possible to transfer them to the ps3? if so how? and any one got any recommendations for a hdd? looking for over 120gb i saw this one

ebuyer.com/pro…072

but would get it from ebay for £50, thats only 5400rpm if i got the 7200rpm ebuyer.com/pro…072, would it make much differnce??

thanks

9 Comments

changing your hdd does not void any warranty. the manual actually shows you how to do it!

It doesnt void your warrenty, but some shops wont take them in for trade or returns because the blue screw has been tampered with[a soft plastic screw which you cant always get off, and you end up just damaging the head]. If you use a 7200rpm however your voiding the warrenty by using a different specified speed and you are changing the specs. Not sure how they cant find out, but its not worth the risk, i've heard the ps3 should ONLY be used with a 5400rpm.

Original Poster

thanks for the info, well thats good news and it saves me money, all i need now is some guide how getting HD videos on the ps3, was also wondering is it easier just to stream the content straight from the pc or will it be jittery?

Banned

Have you really downloaded some blu-ray movies as just a few will fill up your 120gb!

wazb;1440774

thanks for the info, well thats good news and it saves me money, all i … thanks for the info, well thats good news and it saves me money, all i need now is some guide how getting HD videos on the ps3, was also wondering is it easier just to stream the content straight from the pc or will it be jittery?

I stream.. it's fine.

pm'd :thumbsup:

Getting your PS3 soon and already pirating Blu-ray? Give the format a chance to win by buying your films now and again.

steveocole;1440880

pm'd :thumbsup:

hi, if there is a guide available on how to get hd movies onto a ps3, id be very greatful if somebody could also pm me with the details.
    any help appreciated
    thanks.

Banned

I think hes referring to H264/X264 which isnt true HD.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …239762
      2. Your dream gaming set up?2347
      3. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…916
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846307

See more discussions