Upgrading qacoustic speaker setup

Found 22nd Aug 2017
Hi

I have been looking at options in order to upgrade my AV setup as have had the following setup for 2 years but have grown a little underwhelmed recently when listening to music and dialogue in movies:

Front: qacoustic 2020i
Front Atmos: Elac Debut A4
Centre: qacoustic 2000ci
Rears: qacoustic 2010i
Sub: BK XLS200
AVR: Onkyo TXNR646

Considering my current setup and without actually having had the chance to listen to other speakers yet would investing in something like Dali Zensor 3's for the fronts and Dali Vokal for centre be worth the additional cost (£500 +) ? I predominately use 70% movies/tv and 30% music.

I was hoping to get a view from any 'audio experts' on here as to how 'good' my setup already is vs. any potential or /worthwhile gain i could achieve by investing £500 or more at this stage. Reviews that I read still rate the qacoustics very highly and I know how important it is to keep the speaker series the same if possible......

Thanks
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
6 Comments
What frequency range do you have the speakers setup for ?
Original Poster
Hi, Thanks for your reply. I have the front and rears crossing over at 80Hz and the centre at 90Hz
I used to have a superb setup in my last place, but gradually reduced it down to just the floor standing speakers (KEF Q50's I think) I've had them for over ten years.

They have such a good range, and I don't watch movies on the Blu-ray player anymore so no real need for a surround set-up so don't miss it. Sure they take up a lot of space, but I haven't heard any sound bar that will come close to the quality and depth of sound (doubt that I will, they are pretty big).

Even if you're not going to get rid of the rest of the set up I would recommend a decent set of floorstanding speakers.
baz844 h, 42 m ago

Hi, Thanks for your reply. I have the front and rears crossing over at …Hi, Thanks for your reply. I have the front and rears crossing over at 80Hz and the centre at 90Hz

I've got 4x Q Acoustic 1030 and a 1000ci with the down firing bk 200xls running on an old Sony DN1030. Pretty much a similar budget setup to what you have. I wouldn't bother upgrading the speakers if you're just using them to watch movies most of the time. You could bung up the reflex ports on the speakers to get a tighter response from your mids and bass but I wouldn't go futher than that. Most of the cost of a speaker is going on how it handles the low and sub bass which your subwoofer handles.

It's all down to your hearing so you could spend a few £1000 on a system and barely notice the difference. Sometimes upgrading to a better amp gives the most benefit.

I would guess that you're speakers are fine for the task but you just want to upgrade the amp to get a different sound.
Edited by: "kester76" 23rd Aug 2017
Original Poster
kester763 h, 25 m ago

I've got 4x Q Acoustic 1030 and a 1000ci with the down firing bk 200xls …I've got 4x Q Acoustic 1030 and a 1000ci with the down firing bk 200xls running on an old Sony DN1030. Pretty much a similar budget setup to what you have. I wouldn't bother upgrading the speakers if you're just using them to watch movies most of the time. You could bung up the reflex ports on the speakers to get a tighter response from your mids and bass but I wouldn't go futher than that. Most of the cost of a speaker is going on how it handles the low and sub bass which your subwoofer handles.It's all down to your hearing so you could spend a few £1000 on a system and barely notice the difference. Sometimes upgrading to a better amp gives the most benefit. I would guess that you're speakers are fine for the task but you just want to upgrade the amp to get a different sound.

You could be right actaully... Ive read that Denon's have a warmer sound to them so might check one out... this is catching my eye at the moment

richersounds.com/tv-…tml
baz8415 m ago

You could be right actaully... Ive read that Denon's have a warmer sound …You could be right actaully... Ive read that Denon's have a warmer sound to them so might check one out... this is catching my eye at the momenthttps://www.richersounds.com/tv-home-cinema/av-receivers/denon-avrx3300-blk.html

Not sure, last time I checked 2.1 was on the horizon and it could be hdmi 2.1b in 2018. I'm still on hdmi 1.4b at the moment until I get a 4k set but they're swapping standards like partners at Butlins
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants