Groups

Upgrading the CPU

Hi

I was wonderign if anyone can tell me what the fastest CPU this motherboard can support is: (its an old one!!)

ASUS A7A133 ACPI BIOS Revision 1012

Currently running a 1.47 gigahertz AMD Athlon XP and wondering if it can take much more than this

Thanks for all help

3 Comments

I would not waste your time or money.

Even if you could find a faster CPU, I doubt it will improve the overall speed of the PC by very much (you would still be slowed down by the slow bus speed and so on).

A CPU that was say 25% faster may only speed your PC up by 5% or 10%.

Also if the motherboard is that old they may not even MAKE CPUs to fit it any more so you will have to buy second hand.

Overall put the money towards a full upgrade.

guilbert53;5967443

I would not waste your time or money.Even if you could find a faster CPU, … I would not waste your time or money.Even if you could find a faster CPU, I doubt it will improve the overall speed of the PC by very much (you would still be slowed down by the slow bus speed and so on). A CPU that was say 25% faster may only speed your PC up by 5% or 10%.Also if the motherboard is that old they may not even MAKE CPUs to fit it any more so you will have to buy second hand.Overall put the money towards a full upgrade.

+1
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764154
      2. Any PS4 News Here29213612
      3. The great big HUKD Nintendo thread3335655
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?2283

See more discussions