Groups

Upgrading to Sky HD+

Hi Folks, I'm looking to upgrading to Sky HD+

I'm already a sky customer and have been for about 15 years, I've got a standard sky box, I've seen the advertisement for a Free Sky HD+ box if you take sky movies and also £49 if you dont + £30 upgrade cost etc, trouble is when I log in my online sky account it's adding multi room onto my order also for £9.75 which I dont want or need.

I'm happy to pay £49 + £30 upgrade costs then the £9.75 extra a month for sky HD

I'm paying £21.50 atm, I don't want movies, sport or anything else added on, I want to leave my broadband and phone with my current providers.

Can anyone help as these offers seem ever confusing.

Cheers

19 Comments

Without sport and movies etc then Sky HD isn't worth it. May as well get Freesat HD for BBC HD.

Original Poster

I'd being using the HD for Discovery and all the other Nature channels.

Just a question, if I get this HD box then decide i dont want the HD service after the 12 months, does the box revert back to standard def or do you HAVE to subscribe to sky HD if you have the HD box all the time?

Only reason i ask if that I can give it a trial for 12 months then if i dont like it loose the HD stuff.

Yes, you can cancel the HD subscription after 12 months.

dont do it, waste of money, no difference at all.

Well I had Sky HD installed today and i am watching Life on BBC1 HD and its incredible!!!
    I has a SKy+ box with all the options except sport before and its only costing me an extra £9 something per month and all had to pay upfront was the £30 installation fee. You have to have the movies to be honest as its worth it just for that!

I guess though you have to have a decent TV for it to be worth it

If you want it, you best get in quick as there is a three month waiting list for the Sky HD box (or so I was told - I have registered for it today and they will contact me in the next few days to let me know when they can install)

Bully;6820661

Get a better TV.........there is definately a much imporved quality.

kimbyanne;6820685

If you want it, you best get in quick as there is a three month waiting … If you want it, you best get in quick as there is a three month waiting list for the Sky HD box (or so I was told - I have registered for it today and they will contact me in the next few days to let me know when they can install)

less than a week for me ordered last Tuesday installed today!!

mikebike;6820712

less than a week for me ordered last Tuesday installed today!!

Did you order online or over the phone? I queried about it on the phone and was told there was a three month waiting list but actually ordered it online.

kimbyanne;6820730

Did you order online or over the phone? I queried about it on the phone … Did you order online or over the phone? I queried about it on the phone and was told there was a three month waiting list but actually ordered it online.

I did it online but as I had a Sky + box before its a simple 10 min swap as all the cables are in and ready to go if you only have a normal sky box an extra cable needs to installed from the LNB so that could be the reason for the three month wait:? unless you have Sky + now:?
    I got an email from sky Wednesday morning to confirm the reservation and followed the link and picked the date and am or pm and today all done and its great!!!!

mikebike;6820789

I did it online but as I had a Sky + box before its a simple 10 min swap … I did it online but as I had a Sky + box before its a simple 10 min swap as all the cables are in and ready to go if you only have a normal sky box an extra cable needs to installed from the LNB so that could be the reason for the three month wait:? unless you have Sky + now:?I got an email from sky Wednesday morning to confirm the reservation and followed the link and picked the date and am or pm and today all done and its great!!!!

I do have a Sky+ Box but I will be replacing an existing standard box with the Sky+ HD Box so it will require extra cables.

Bully;6820661

Try using a HDMI cable instead of scart :-D

Get a Dreambox & go from £65 pm subs to £12 pm.....................

Bully;6820661

maybe you need to invest in a good TV :whistling:
    awesome picture on my set up :?

Got mine today, crap. It's going back, picture quality is good on HD channels, just not worth the extra £10 a month

Paddy_o_furniture;6830401

Got mine today, crap. It's going back, picture quality is good on HD … Got mine today, crap. It's going back, picture quality is good on HD channels, just not worth the extra £10 a month

my neighbour just had his put in, he has a great panasonic hd telly but he is fighting with sky to get it cancelled as he can see no difference, i had to agree with him, couldnt see any difference at all. £10 extra a month is a joke though.

must be set up wong or you need glasses, looks fantastic on my panny tv

deanos;6830483

must be set up wong or you need glasses, looks fantastic on my panny tv

I can see the difference, but find it hard to justify the £10 extra a month on top of the £50 I already pay sky

i just watch the free hd channels its enough for me
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Nightmare with BT over Broadband1011
      2. Best £500 student laptop choice?22
      3. How much would I get for iPhone 6S 64gb rose gold unlocked like new conditi…44
      4. Need help with buying a 4K TV for gaming33

See more discussions