Upgrading tv from full Hd to 4k HDR

Found 3rd May
Anybody know a decent tv to buy size wise want something between 40-50” and 4k with HDR as i want to see the difference in picture. I play the xbox one s too so wanting abit of an upgrade with the graphics too.

My budget is £350-£400

Cheers
Community Updates
AskElectronicsTV
21 Comments
I got 50” Samsung MU6120. Got good review from Which too.
You're going to see very little HDR hardware at that price right now, and the only benefit from 4K would come from the higher quality streams some sources are offering. Unless you sit unusually close you're not going to see any difference between a top Full HD source (i.e. Blu-ray) and 4K on a TV that size.

If you've got a good FHD TV then I'd give it another few years for HDR to get going.
Arnis6555 m ago

I got 50” Samsung MU6120. Got good review from Which too.

EndlessWaves21 m ago

You're going to see very little HDR hardware at that price right now, and …You're going to see very little HDR hardware at that price right now, and the only benefit from 4K would come from the higher quality streams some sources are offering. Unless you sit unusually close you're not going to see any difference between a top Full HD source (i.e. Blu-ray) and 4K on a TV that size.If you've got a good FHD TV then I'd give it another few years for HDR to get going.

ao.com/pro…spx

this is the TV i have decided to go with, thoughts?
You're not going to get decent hdr withing your price range. Don't worry about hdr there's very little to watch with it anyway. On Netflix the hdr is dreadful quality. Try a d get a 60hz panel. Id avoid Samsung in this price range as they have a poor reliablity record. Go for Panasonic as there's some excellent deals out there at present
kickinkez42 m ago

https://ao.com/product/43uj670v-lg-tv-grey-47347-108.aspxthis is the TV i …https://ao.com/product/43uj670v-lg-tv-grey-47347-108.aspxthis is the TV i have decided to go with, thoughts?

Same price at RS but with a six year guarantee and no AO spam.
had
OBH6UK6 m ago

Same price at RS but with a six year guarantee and no AO spam.

10% off at AO bringing it to £332.10 and also what is the AO scam?
SPAM.

Ask RS to price match. Even if they won't 5 years extra cover has to be worth the extra £37.
Edited by: "OBH6UK" 3rd May
OBH6UK18 m ago

SPAM. Ask RS to price match. Even if they won't 5 years extra cover has …SPAM. Ask RS to price match. Even if they won't 5 years extra cover has to be worth the extra £37.

Already ordered, is this TV worth it for the price?
kickinkez2 h, 15 m ago

https://ao.com/product/43uj670v-lg-tv-grey-47347-108.aspxthis is the TV i …https://ao.com/product/43uj670v-lg-tv-grey-47347-108.aspxthis is the TV i have decided to go with, thoughts?

50hz panel, no casting, low nits, useless TV may aswell burn the money.
kickinkez2 h, 46 m ago

How far away are you, what things besides the Xbox are you watching and what's your current TV?

As I say if you've got a comparable quality TV I wouldn't be buying right now. There look to be bigger real world improvements coming in the next decade (HDR, VRR, etc.) than the various attempts of the last decade (3D, 4K, Curved etc.). Now isn't a great time to buy a low end or mid-range TV.

If you're replacing a broken TV or whatever then I'd probably lean towards something with decent contrast to begin with as the local dimming systems at this price as nonexistent to ineffective (HDR is all about more contrast). Maybe one of the 50" panels like the Philips 6262/6272 so you get the benefit of size as well, although they are a little heavy on the ghosting.
EndlessWaves3 h, 51 m ago

You're going to see very little HDR hardware at that price right now, and …You're going to see very little HDR hardware at that price right now, and the only benefit from 4K would come from the higher quality streams some sources are offering. Unless you sit unusually close you're not going to see any difference between a top Full HD source (i.e. Blu-ray) and 4K on a TV that size.If you've got a good FHD TV then I'd give it another few years for HDR to get going.

My thoughts too, i was going to buy a 4K tv, but my 8 year old samsung hd set is still excellent so im waiting for it to conk out before i buy another. think ill put it off a couple of years going for 4 K tbh
EndlessWaves51 m ago

How far away are you, what things besides the Xbox are you watching and …How far away are you, what things besides the Xbox are you watching and what's your current TV?As I say if you've got a comparable quality TV I wouldn't be buying right now. There look to be bigger real world improvements coming in the next decade (HDR, VRR, etc.) than the various attempts of the last decade (3D, 4K, Curved etc.). Now isn't a great time to buy a low end or mid-range TV.If you're replacing a broken TV or whatever then I'd probably lean towards something with decent contrast to begin with as the local dimming systems at this price as nonexistent to ineffective (HDR is all about more contrast). Maybe one of the 50" panels like the Philips 6262/6272 so you get the benefit of size as well, although they are a little heavy on the ghosting.

I have a 40" samsung smart tv full hd but we only have the one tv as we have just moved into our first house.
benrobertsno11 h, 23 m ago

50hz panel, no casting, low nits, useless TV may aswell burn the money.

Bit harsh reply, heard great things about the tv you are probably the person who spends £3,000 on a tv.
EndlessWaves56 m ago

How far away are you, what things besides the Xbox are you watching and …How far away are you, what things besides the Xbox are you watching and what's your current TV?As I say if you've got a comparable quality TV I wouldn't be buying right now. There look to be bigger real world improvements coming in the next decade (HDR, VRR, etc.) than the various attempts of the last decade (3D, 4K, Curved etc.). Now isn't a great time to buy a low end or mid-range TV.If you're replacing a broken TV or whatever then I'd probably lean towards something with decent contrast to begin with as the local dimming systems at this price as nonexistent to ineffective (HDR is all about more contrast). Maybe one of the 50" panels like the Philips 6262/6272 so you get the benefit of size as well, although they are a little heavy on the ghosting.

xbox, just got the new virgin v6 box installed and a now tv box
kickinkez1 h, 42 m ago

Bit harsh reply, heard great things about the tv you are probably the …Bit harsh reply, heard great things about the tv you are probably the person who spends £3,000 on a tv.

Didn't mean to sound harsh however that's my opinion, the old mantra buy cheap buy twice. It may be OK but who wants to settle for just OK.
benrobertsno153 m ago

Didn't mean to sound harsh however that's my opinion, the old mantra buy …Didn't mean to sound harsh however that's my opinion, the old mantra buy cheap buy twice. It may be OK but who wants to settle for just OK.

Not all millionaires pal who can afford to spend over £500 just on a tv...
kickinkez1 h, 44 m ago

Not all millionaires pal who can afford to spend over £500 just on a tv...

With the definition of a millionaire being someone who can afford 500 on a tv(which would still be poor quality BTW) I suggest you probably change /and or get a better job.
benrobertsno11 h, 15 m ago

With the definition of a millionaire being someone who can afford 500 on a …With the definition of a millionaire being someone who can afford 500 on a tv(which would still be poor quality BTW) I suggest you probably change /and or get a better job.

Lol no just got a mortgage, bills, car and a child to think of thank you. Guessing you still live with mummy and daddy?
I’m happy with my 50”MU6120 & for the money think it’s a bargain. The picture is great - especially 4K, that’s not based on tech specs but my own personal experience. No light bleed issues either.
Arnis654th May

I’m happy with my 50”MU6120 & for the money think it’s a bargain. The pictu …I’m happy with my 50”MU6120 & for the money think it’s a bargain. The picture is great - especially 4K, that’s not based on tech specs but my own personal experience. No light bleed issues either.

Have you connected Xbox one s to it, what's the uhd Blu-ray playback like, as I've the same TV
TAZMANUK6 h, 12 m ago

Have you connected Xbox one s to it, what's the uhd Blu-ray playback like, …Have you connected Xbox one s to it, what's the uhd Blu-ray playback like, as I've the same TV

No I haven’t connected an x box to it. I have an Apple TV 4K and Sky Q connected and I find the 4K picture very good.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants