Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Uplay + free trial and maybe £12 for 12 months.

Posted 3rd Sep 2019
Please forgive me if this does not work for anyone else but i just signed up for the free ubisoft plus trial and when i submitted my paypal account it tried to charge 1 pound. I went with it and after i signed up it told me i had a recouring subscription of 1 pound a month and it would cost me £12 this year.!!.
I should have screenshotted it and i am not sure if it was an error but if it works then what a deal as i am installing Assassins Creed Odyssey, Far cry New Dawn and Rainbow six siege which i missed out on!!
I hope this works for someone else.
Oh, i did this through Uplay by the way. And i also signed up some time ago for the Uplay Beta trial.May be relevant , maybe not?
Community Updates

Groups

19 Comments
Hi same happen to me just now 0 for free trial and then a pound for the rest of the time =12.00.
Yes previous sign up may have done this because I did sign up when I heard about.
Same here. I have taken a series of screenshots/photos just in case.

Happy to pay a £1 a month, not so keen on £12.99 a month though :-)
I've just done this too. Some pages say £1.00 with a yearly spend of £12.00 where other pages seems to say a monthly fee... Confirmation email states "You will be charged the full amount of the subscription price (14€99 per month) on expiration of the free trial on October 1, 2019, unless you cancel before September 30th – 11.59pm, by visitingstore.ubi.com/upl…cel. " in the section at the bottom though. So yep. not sure how it will play out. If it does charge more I'll cancel but for £1 a month it's ideal.
I noticed this too when I signed up for the free trial. Screenshotted everything in cause they charge the £12.99 so I can fight it.
GamerFirebird9004/09/2019 09:49

I noticed this too when I signed up for the free trial. Screenshotted …I noticed this too when I signed up for the free trial. Screenshotted everything in cause they charge the £12.99 so I can fight it.

Could you forward me a copy of the screenshots? I wasn't that smart when I signed up lol If so I can PM you my email.
sparx198104/09/2019 10:08

Could you forward me a copy of the screenshots? I wasn't that smart when I …Could you forward me a copy of the screenshots? I wasn't that smart when I signed up lol If so I can PM you my email.

Sure thing!
I wish i took that screenshot as legally if you have actually bought the product and you have confirmation proof then they would have to honour the deal as you have actually made the purchase. As i don't have proof i'm knackered. I will contact them to make sure as i really don't want a £14.00 bill at the beginning of next month. I'll let you know.
38398749-T61QN.jpgsstill hopefull as it syas 0.00 monthly.
update: once i submitted my ticket i noticed a notice from ubisoft saying uplay+ subscriptions are failing for some people. (maybe they have noticed the problem and pulled it)
Just been billed £12.99

glad I have screenshots...
Moleyman6903/10/2019 12:36

Just been billed £12.99glad I have screenshots...

Yes me too, but never took any screen shots.
Has anyone else been billed yet?

Not sure of best way to proceed about getting a refund.
I ddin't take a screenshot and I was billed yesterday... 12.99 for a month.
yep, been billed £12.99 but I've got screenshots so going to email them
I've been billed 12.99 and it says on my subscription page it should be 1.00 per month I think if they sort it the wont refund they will just say you have nothing to pay for 12 months which would be fine bu me.
andy.greville08/10/2019 08:59

I've been billed 12.99 and it says on my subscription page it should be …I've been billed 12.99 and it says on my subscription page it should be 1.00 per month I think if they sort it the wont refund they will just say you have nothing to pay for 12 months which would be fine bu me.

same with mine, have you messaged and had any luck?
have been told it was a bug and that it is £12.99 a month and not £1 a month
Just to say I did get a refund.
Bizarre, after being told no for 2 weeks and giving up I got an email saying I would be refunded.
Like I said .Bizarre ( but happy)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants