Groups

Upload Speed: Need more for Call Of Duty !!

Any tweaks around for PC or router (Netgear DG384G) to get more upload speed. Its shocking ATM on xbox live.

9 Comments

Original Poster

http://www.speedtest.net/result/364915475.png

check on your router(adsl status details,line profile) if interleaving has been switched on BT seem to be doing this randomly at moment.2Mb line? you live out in sticks or on very large estate?

Original Poster

Yeah 2mb line, can upgrade to 8mb though (speed test says max of 7mb tho), do you think they would give more upload speed if i were to upgrade to a faster line ? Live about 1 mile from exchange.

PasPer2;3618419

Yeah 2mb line, can upgrade to 8mb though (speed test says max of 7mb … Yeah 2mb line, can upgrade to 8mb though (speed test says max of 7mb tho), do you think they would give more upload speed if i were to upgrade to a faster line ? Live about 1 mile from exchange.

Only slightly better upload - this is where the 'A' part of ADSL comes in, it's set up for a high download but a small upload rate. There's not really any way around this, there is SDSL (same up and down rates) but it's for businesses so considerably more expensive and you need to be close to the exchange.

John

You need an ADSL2+ provider in normal circumstance to get a great upload (synch) of 448 kbps. ADSL2+ providers can offer upload speeds of "upto" 2 meg (usually around 1.3), look at Be,o2, sky, easynet for the most readily available ADSL2+. Your upload speeds look about right, but I wouldn't trust them speed test sites too much.

I guess mine isnt too good nither.. on a ratio...

http://www.speedtest.net/result/364922896.png

Is it port forwarded?

9799 for me

Banned

That UL speed is pretty good. My VM 2MB line has a max upload of about 256kb/s

never had any problems with cod on ps3

make sure your computer is not using bandwidth.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tv choice magazine Issue 3966
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick22
      3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains66
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2020

See more discussions