Groups

Upload/Download speed advice

Im wireless with my laptop and ipod touch and my speeds are 6mb download and 370kbps upload, is the upload speed about right? when i upload (legal) torrent through utorrent my upload speed is only ever about 40kbps max, download speeds are fine can get about 860kbps max, what can i do to improve my upload speed? any advice please

5 Comments

Not much - Most ISP's throttle torrents and even so your not neccesarily going to get your full speed.

Change the port, make sure it's forwarded and turn on encryption are what i would recommend tbh.

Jakg;5589114

Not much - Most ISP's throttle torrents and even so your not neccesarily … Not much - Most ISP's throttle torrents and even so your not neccesarily going to get your full speed.Change the port, make sure it's forwarded and turn on encryption are what i would recommend tbh.

Not necessarily true. Not all ISPs throttle torrent traffic.

I'm on O2 and my up/down speeds are always maxed out on a well seeded torrent.

Original Poster

moob;5589267

Not necessarily true. Not all ISPs throttle torrent traffic.I'm on O2 and … Not necessarily true. Not all ISPs throttle torrent traffic.I'm on O2 and my up/down speeds are always maxed out on a well seeded torrent.

I know that virgin do throttle my speeds, peak time is is ridiculously slow downloading, off peak its fine:x

clondikemike;5589492

I know that virgin do throttle my speeds, peak time is is ridiculously … I know that virgin do throttle my speeds, peak time is is ridiculously slow downloading, off peak its fine:x

Virgin are well known for that mate, unfortunately.

Make sure you're using the same units for all measurements, 40kB/s is equal to 360kb/s and 860kB/s is equal to 6.88mb/s so you could well be having your torrents run at the same speed but reported in bytes instead of bits.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1420
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846154
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?28128
      4. What are you loving on the BBC at the moment?63218

See more discussions