Uploading Mp3s to your site... traffic problems?

Found 30th May 2009
Im currently using 1and1 home package, and currently have 80% free space from my allowance..

1.5gb webspace
20gb monthly traffic

If I was to upload 4 mp3's (5mb max each), which people can then download, how fast am I gonna use up my allowance. give or take, say I currently only use 2gb allowance from my 20? so 18gb traffic free....

5 Comments

depends on the # of downloads ... realistically it will take a while to use up 18GB on that size mp3

That depends on how popular the files are. If they're an average of 4MB each then you'd need 4608 downloads (spread across them) to use up 18GB.

Original Poster

can i put a little media player thing on my site using D/weaver, so visitors can play 3 songs at the push of a button?

i would recommend hosting the mp3's in a file hosting site like fileden then linking to them from your website, and yes you could include them in a media player,

Original Poster

faevilangel;5365137

i would recommend hosting the mp3's in a file hosting site like fileden … i would recommend hosting the mp3's in a file hosting site like fileden then linking to them from your website, and yes you could include them in a media player,

would this space on webspace if I was to hold them on my server, and how do I do the media player thingy
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition66709
    2. Win an unbelievable Windows Mixed Reality prize pack from Windows Central! …43
    3. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines43
    4. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers44

See more discussions