Groups

Ups brokerage custom etc charges

Has anyone lately bought from the us and used ups do they charge on delivery or can I send payment later, and on a £400 laptop am I right in thinking around £104 for customs and ups charges ta

11 Comments

Banned

surely no company would deliver an item and allow you to pay later!

and £104 sounds far too low (VAT would be £80 on its own).

calc here shows about £160 in charges

bongous.com/con…php

laptop might need a voltage adaptor too
    Edited by: "csiman" 1st May 2011

Original Poster

csiman

surely no company would deliver an item and allow you to pay later!and … surely no company would deliver an item and allow you to pay later!and £104 sounds far too low (VAT would be £80 on its own).calc here shows about £160 in chargeshttps://bongous.com/consolidation_calculator.phplaptop might need a voltage adaptor too

dont you mean $160 ? The last item i imported dhl sent me a letter about 10 days later for the tax etc

Yeah 104 Seems about Right, UPS take a commission for paying and getting the item released from customs.

If you do not want to wait It's possible you can ring the Depot which is currently holding your package and pay over the phone to get your Item sooner.

You will have to pay first. The brokerage team will either call you before the delivery is made so you can pay by card or you can pay the driver when he delivers if you phone the call centre. The UPS customs fee was around £12 I think but this was about 5 years ago when I used to work for them.

Banned

mfc1986

You will have to pay first. The brokerage team will either call you … You will have to pay first. The brokerage team will either call you before the delivery is made so you can pay by card or you can pay the driver when he delivers if you phone the call centre. The UPS customs fee was around £12 I think but this was about 5 years ago when I used to work for them.

I've had loads of stuff delivered by UPS, Fedex, DHL over the years and never had to pay upfront - always got an invoice a week or two later

colinsunderland

I've had loads of stuff delivered by UPS, Fedex, DHL over the years and … I've had loads of stuff delivered by UPS, Fedex, DHL over the years and never had to pay upfront - always got an invoice a week or two later

UPS must have changed from when I was there then because they would never deliver to non-account holders without customs charges being paid for first.

Banned

the porter

dont you mean $160 ? The last item i imported dhl sent me a letter about … dont you mean $160 ? The last item i imported dhl sent me a letter about 10 days later for the tax etc

no, £160

Original Poster

csiman

no, £160

Show me how you work 160 English pounds out please

Banned

the porter

Show me how you work 160 English pounds out

please might help!

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk173/csiman2/ScreenShot005.jpg

$932 - $668 = $264 = £160

Original Poster

Agh I see you are adding actual shipping charges they are already included in the £397 I paid

Banned

the porter

Agh I see you are adding actual shipping charges they are already … Agh I see you are adding actual shipping charges they are already included in the £397 I paid

well you did ask for "customs and ups charges" and ups are a delivery company...............................;)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. laptop for editing 4k videos (3840×2160p 30 fps)11
      2. BBQ Lighter Fuel or Gel11
      3. Customs charged too much for a little item!67
      4. Do you use a case on your iPhone?1414

See more discussions