Groups
    EXPIRED

UPS (Uninterpretable Power Supply) for Home Server

Looking for a UPS as my old belkin one has now died...

I dont want a naff brand like Trust... something i can trust that doesnt cost the earth!

Any recomendations?

7 Comments

[FONT=Verdana]Key things would be (1) what's your budget, (2) how much power does your home server require to run and (3) how much UPS runtime do you need?

Cheers, Scotty Boy! :thumbsup:
    [/FONT]

Original Poster

(1) sub £70 ish

(2) this is a good question... i don't know how to work it out in VA but about 350w. (energy efficient server HP EX475 - with 6 HDD and a router running off UPS)

(3) i know on full load they only last about 4 mins... this would be fine as i would want a data connection between ups and server to shut it down. As its running windows home server and is putting data across multiple HDD i want it to power down properly rather than stay "up".

I dont want a naff brand like Trust... something i can trust that doesnt cost the earth!

Sorry gary I can't help, but the irony poked my eye out

Original Poster

kyalion;6596168

I dont want a naff brand like Trust... something i can trust that doesnt … I dont want a naff brand like Trust... something i can trust that doesnt cost the earth!Sorry gary I can't help, but the irony poked my eye out

haha - oh yeah!

What's your data worth to you?

Just go and buy a APS unit - best UPS made, very good customer service, user swappable backup batteries when they finally expire.

Regards,

John

Original Poster

heinkeljb;6596621

What's your data worth to you?Just go and buy a APS unit - best UPS made, … What's your data worth to you?Just go and buy a APS unit - best UPS made, very good customer service, user swappable backup batteries when they finally expire.Regards,John

Got a link?

[FONT=Verdana]If your going to consider purchasing an APC UPS your best to check out their, as I'm not sure how much additional hardware will be attached to your server that you need to retain power to as well i.e. external USB hard disk.

Listed below are a few comparison links to give you an idea of capabilities and models that are available from APC UPS.

Runtime Chart for Back-UPS ES Model Series
    apc.com/pro…=21

Runtime Chart for Back-UPS CS Model Series
    apc.com/pro…=17

Runtime Chart for Back-UPS RS Model Series
    apc.com/pro…=23

Cheers, Scotty Boy! :thumbsup:[/FONT]
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Any free Now TV sports passes?22