Groups

Upset American on Donald Trump

I know there is a thread somewhere but couldn't find it. I read this earlier from an American whom is upset about Trump being president, but seems to have an idea why. Kind of reminds me of Brexit.

56 Comments

Original Poster

Whoops

It happened because you banned super-sized sodas and smoking in parks. And offensive ideas on campus.
    Because you branded people who oppose gay marriage "homophobic" and people unsure about immigration "racist" .
    Because you treated owning a gun and never having eaten Guinoa as signifiers of fascism.
    Because you thought correcting peoples attitudes was more important than finding them jobs.
    Because you turned "white man" from a description into a insult.
    Because you used slurs like "denier" and "dangerous" against anyone who doesn't share your eco-pieties.
    Because you treated dissent as hate speech and criticism of Obama as extremism.
    Because you talked more about gender-neutral toilets than about home repossessions.
    Because you beatified Caitlyn Jenner.
    Because you policed people's language, rubbished their parenting skills, took the **** out of their beliefs.
    Because you cried when someone mocked the Koran but laughed when they mocked the bible.
    Because you said criticising Islam is Islamophobia.
    Because you kept telling people, "you can't say that, you can't do this".
    Because you turned politics from something done by and for people to something done to them, for their own good.
    Because you treated people like trash. And people don't like being treated like trash..... TRUMP HAPPENED BECAUSE OF YOU !!!

"Beatified Caitlyn Jenner" with the ugly stick.

kilary would start world war 3 thank our lucky stars trump won and will stop supplying Isis the moderate head chopping human organ eating rebels in Syria

We might have four years of this and this was his first time.
    Did anyone else watch the Sean Spicer Press briefing yesterday
    youtube.com/wat…bL0
    .Dont they realise everything they say can and will be fact checked.Virtually all the facts he quoted were wrong and it was a shambles.
    Then to make it worse Kellyanne Conway was on NBC this morning trying to defend him saying Sean was presenting "alternative facts"
    youtube.com/wat…Fc8

thisthatandtheother

WhoopsIt happened because you banned super-sized sodas and smoking in … WhoopsIt happened because you banned super-sized sodas and smoking in parks. And offensive ideas on campus. Because you branded people who oppose gay marriage "homophobic" and people unsure about immigration "racist" . Because you treated owning a gun and never having eaten Guinoa as signifiers of fascism. Because you thought correcting peoples attitudes was more important than finding them jobs. Because you turned "white man" from a description into a insult. Because you used slurs like "denier" and "dangerous" against anyone who doesn't share your eco-pieties. Because you treated dissent as hate speech and criticism of Obama as extremism. Because you talked more about gender-neutral toilets than about home repossessions. Because you beatified Caitlyn Jenner. Because you policed people's language, rubbished their parenting skills, took the **** out of their beliefs. Because you cried when someone mocked the Koran but laughed when they mocked the bible. Because you said criticising Islam is Islamophobia. Because you kept telling people, "you can't say that, you can't do this". Because you turned politics from something done by and for people to something done to them, for their own good. Because you treated people like trash. And people don't like being treated like trash..... TRUMP HAPPENED BECAUSE OF YOU !!!

Wow. Clever, yet disturbing. Confirmation bias and reinforcement all in one.

IMHO opposition to same sex marriage is borne of homophobia. To suggest otherwise is as disingenuous as writing homophobia in a quotation marks...

Trump should be given a chance to govern.

He's only been in the Job a couple of days and they're already out in force wanting his head on a stick, quite ridiculous actually.

Can't believe anything I see or read anymore. Fake News and click bait revenue has ruined the media X)

Fed up of losers spouting nonsense. Like anti Brexit voters. Shut it and move on.

How can they think that a multi-billionaire business tycoon has any concept of running a country? Whatever next? I suppose they'll have an ex actor with Alzheimer's or a peanut farmer as president next!
    Or a sex maniac...or some paranoid voyeur...or... What do you mean..too late?
    Edited by: "mrty" 22nd Jan

darkstryder360

Can't believe anything I see or read anymore. Fake News and click bait … Can't believe anything I see or read anymore. Fake News and click bait revenue has ruined the media X)Fed up of losers spouting nonsense. Like anti Brexit voters. Shut it and move on.

Dont forget "alternative facts"

I love "alternative facts", I have a feeling we're going to be hearing it a lot over the term is this presidency. It's what we were offered by both sides in the Brexit debate, but with our lack of imagination we just called it lying.

With everything that has happened over the last twelve months I sometimes think I'm living in "alternate universe"

It happened because you banned super-sized sodas and smoking in parks.

Because big industry lobbyists were paying bank handers to scientists and gov to produce false reports to show sugar and smoking was good for you

Banning offensive ideas on campus.
    Because muslims were having discussions where men and women were segregated and nazi racist views were on the rise.

Because you branded people who oppose gay marriage "homophobic" and people unsure about immigration "racist" .
    Because church and mosques decided to
    Preach that gays are somehow evil

Because you treated owning a gun and never having eaten Guinoa as signifiers of fascism.
    People who don't eat guinoa call people who do gay.
    People are selling guns to 12 year olds who then go and shoot up schools because the drugs companies didn't fill them with drugs that day. When the real issue is mental health

Because you thought correcting peoples attitudes was more important than finding them jobs.
    People are growing an entitlement complex given by the rich and wealthy. Where somehow they are entitled to wealth and fame and don't have to work and don't need education. Like Kardashians

Because you turned "white man" from a description into a insult.
    Because the "white man" haven't stopped using ****, **** or other offensive language in Tv programs, movies etc. minority's have been putting up with it for 100's of years. Get over it

Because you used slurs like "denier" and "dangerous" against anyone who doesn't share your eco-pieties.
    In a world where J.P. Morgan hides Teslas free wireless energy project, the richest ppl in the world are in 'dirty' energy like coal. And ppl like trump Deny global warming.
    And we are enslaved to spend most of our wages fueling our cars

Because you treated dissent as hate speech and criticism of Obama as extremism.
    The republicans blocked a lot of Obama wanted to do. Why... because he's black and democrat

Because you talked more about gender-neutral toilets than about home repossessions.
    The Far East, Thiland, Malaysia, India have no problem with genders mixing. So maybe the US needs to grow up.
    Don't buy what you can't afford.
    Accept ppl as they are.
    Again education issue fro. The grass roots

Because you beatified Caitlyn Jenner.
    Because you policed people's language, rubbished their parenting skills, took the **** out of their beliefs.
    Don't think people did that. When your kids grow up touting racist views and not willing to work. Well.. blame the parents

Because you cried when someone mocked the Koran but laughed when they mocked the bible.
    Because you said criticising Islam is Islamophobia.
    Because you kept telling people, "you can't say that, you can't do this".
    I'm not Muslim but the Koran is spelt with a Q and really shows the problem first hand.
    People can't be bothered to educate themselves with different views, opinions and religions.
    If you just went and spoke to ppl. You'd see we are all the same.
    Criticizing Islam or any religion is ok. It's how we progress
    BUT criticizing Jews can land you in prison. And is Leagally anti Semitic. How is that ok?
    20million died in the Congo. But there was nothing for the Congolese. What makes Jews so special,,?

Because you turned politics from something done by and for people to something done to them, for their own good.

Because ppl like Bush and Blair used their power to progress their own wealth.

Because you treated people like trash. And people don't like being treated like trash..... TRUMP HAPPENED BECAUSE OF YOU !!!

This happened because we have been slowly turned against each other through false wars, Murdoch media pumping propaganda every min of everyday. To tell us:
    - muslims are terrorist
    - Christians churches rape children
    - Chinese are killing us all

People are people and we all want to get along. The ones that don't are holding the rest of us back.
    In the world there balance between good and bad is slowly being shifted and it's up to every man women and child so stand up for what is good in the world and others will follow.
    Edited by: "prash_2k" 23rd Jan

thisthatandtheother

Because you branded people who oppose gay marriage "homophobic"

If it's not homophobic then what is it?

Original Poster

dtovey89

It was not me who wrote the what I posted, even though I agree with a lot of it. Some people oppose gay marriage from a religious perspective, you cannot indoctrinate people over two thousand years to behave one way and then just try to change their minds when it suits.

Someone else mentioned the spelling of the Koran, the oldest English spelling is Koran. If you wanted to get technical about it the correct spelling is Qu'ran. Spelling it Koran certainly does not show a lack of education.
    Edited by: "thisthatandtheother" 23rd Jan

thisthatandtheother

It was not me who wrote the what I posted, even though I agree with a lot … It was not me who wrote the what I posted, even though I agree with a lot of it. Some people oppose gay marriage from a religious perspective, you cannot indoctrinate people over two thousand years to behave one way and then just try to change their minds when it suits.Someone else mentioned the spelling of the Koran, the oldest English spelling is Koran. If you wanted to get technical about it the correct spelling is Qu'ran. Spelling it Koran certainly does not show a lack of education.

Yes, because 21st Century Christians act exactly the same as their first century counterparts...

Opposing homosexual marriage is homophobic whether the person who possesses such views cares to admit it or not.

thisthatandtheother

WhoopsIt happened because you banned super-sized sodas and smoking in … WhoopsIt happened because you banned super-sized sodas and smoking in parks. And offensive ideas on campus. Because you branded people who oppose gay marriage "homophobic" and people unsure about immigration "racist" . Because you treated owning a gun and never having eaten Guinoa as signifiers of fascism. Because you thought correcting peoples attitudes was more important than finding them jobs. Because you turned "white man" from a description into a insult. Because you used slurs like "denier" and "dangerous" against anyone who doesn't share your eco-pieties. Because you treated dissent as hate speech and criticism of Obama as extremism. Because you talked more about gender-neutral toilets than about home repossessions. Because you beatified Caitlyn Jenner. Because you policed people's language, rubbished their parenting skills, took the **** out of their beliefs. Because you cried when someone mocked the Koran but laughed when they mocked the bible. Because you said criticising Islam is Islamophobia. Because you kept telling people, "you can't say that, you can't do this". Because you turned politics from something done by and for people to something done to them, for their own good. Because you treated people like trash. And people don't like being treated like trash..... TRUMP HAPPENED BECAUSE OF YOU !!!

That's exactly what PR agencies and spin doctors do all day, every day, every week, every month, every year.

prash_2k

It happened because you banned super-sized sodas and smoking in parks. … It happened because you banned super-sized sodas and smoking in parks. Because big industry lobbyists were paying bank handers to scientists and gov to produce false reports to show sugar and smoking was good for youBanning offensive ideas on campus. Because muslims were having discussions where men and women were segregated and nazi racist views were on the rise. Because you branded people who oppose gay marriage "homophobic" and people unsure about immigration "racist" . Because church and mosques decided toPreach that gays are somehow evilBecause you treated owning a gun and never having eaten Guinoa as signifiers of fascism. People who don't eat guinoa call people who do gay. People are selling guns to 12 year olds who then go and shoot up schools because the drugs companies didn't fill them with drugs that day. When the real issue is mental healthBecause you thought correcting peoples attitudes was more important than finding them jobs. People are growing an entitlement complex given by the rich and wealthy. Where somehow they are entitled to wealth and fame and don't have to work and don't need education. Like KardashiansBecause you turned "white man" from a description into a insult. Because the "white man" haven't stopped using ****, **** or other offensive language in Tv programs, movies etc. minority's have been putting up with it for 100's of years. Get over itBecause you used slurs like "denier" and "dangerous" against anyone who doesn't share your eco-pieties. In a world where J.P. Morgan hides Teslas free wireless energy project, the richest ppl in the world are in 'dirty' energy like coal. And ppl like trump Deny global warming. And we are enslaved to spend most of our wages fueling our cars. Because you treated dissent as hate speech and criticism of Obama as extremism. The republicans blocked a lot of Obama wanted to do. Why... because he's black and democratBecause you talked more about gender-neutral toilets than about home repossessions. The Far East, Thiland, Malaysia, India have no problem with genders mixing. So maybe the US needs to grow up. Don't buy what you can't afford. Accept ppl as they are. Again education issue fro. The grass rootsBecause you beatified Caitlyn Jenner. Because you policed people's language, rubbished their parenting skills, took the **** out of their beliefs. Don't think people did that. When your kids grow up touting racist views and not willing to work. Well.. blame the parentsBecause you cried when someone mocked the Koran but laughed when they mocked the bible. Because you said criticising Islam is Islamophobia. Because you kept telling people, "you can't say that, you can't do this". I'm not Muslim but the Koran is spelt with a Q and really shows the problem first hand. People can't be bothered to educate themselves with different views, opinions and religions. If you just went and spoke to ppl. You'd see we are all the same. Criticizing Islam or any religion is ok. It's how we progress BUT criticizing Jews can land you in prison. And is Leagally anti Semitic. How is that ok?20million died in the Congo. But there was nothing for the Congolese. What makes Jews so special,,?Because you turned politics from something done by and for people to something done to them, for their own good. Because ppl like Bush and Blair used their power to progress their own wealth. Because you treated people like trash. And people don't like being treated like trash..... TRUMP HAPPENED BECAUSE OF YOU !!!This happened because we have been slowly turned against each other through false wars, Murdoch media pumping propaganda every min of everyday. To tell us:- muslims are terrorist- Christians churches rape children - Chinese are killing us all People are people and we all want to get along. The ones that don't are holding the rest of us back. In the world there balance between good and bad is slowly being shifted and it's up to every man women and child so stand up for what is good in the world and others will follow.

With so much social networking hard disk capacity, folks have time to fill up the hard disks with trillions of text comments. It is a cheap and effective way to live virtually.

thisthatandtheother

It was not me who wrote the what I posted, even though I agree with a lot … It was not me who wrote the what I posted, even though I agree with a lot of it. Some people oppose gay marriage from a religious perspective, you cannot indoctrinate people over two thousand years to behave one way and then just try to change their minds when it suits.Someone else mentioned the spelling of the Koran, the oldest English spelling is Koran. If you wanted to get technical about it the correct spelling is Qu'ran. Spelling it Koran certainly does not show a lack of education.

It takes at least one to two generations to transition from a language or culture or custom. As in most projects, too little time for transitional or transformational change management ends up in project change failure.
    Edited by: "splender" 23rd Jan

Original Poster

dtovey89

Yes, because 21st Century Christians act exactly the same as their first … Yes, because 21st Century Christians act exactly the same as their first century counterparts...Opposing homosexual marriage is homophobic whether the person who possesses such views cares to admit it or not.

If you have a book of teachings, the book does not change.

dtovey89

There lies the problem of lack of words to describe the fifty shades of degree of love and hate for same sex emotions. There is a spectrum of feelings from indifference, raise an eyebrow when one's son brings in a male lover, your wife runs off with a gay lover leaving children behind.....to shouting homophobic words daily. Therefore one who is very mildly expressing displeasure is told to shut up with alleged homophobic thoughts, there lies the problem of being shut up.

darkstryder360

Can't believe anything I see or read anymore. Fake News and click bait … Can't believe anything I see or read anymore. Fake News and click bait revenue has ruined the media X)Fed up of losers spouting nonsense. Like anti Brexit voters. Shut it and move on.

The cause of clicks or the attractiveness of click revenue, is the human tendencies to be drawn to the fake news and negative news. Put it this way, most people have been through GCSE, A Levels and even university academic training, problem solving,OFSTED and universities attract excellent academic results and rankings, rationally speaking therefore people wouldn't be drawn to fake school text books, fake speaking teachers, fake university learning, but they do to fake news and rants, so the root cause is that some people like fake stuff. There is nothing wrong with believing in fakeness with the usual probity.

splender

There is a spectrum of feelings from indifference, raise an eyebrow when … There is a spectrum of feelings from indifference, raise an eyebrow when one's son brings in a male lover, your wife runs off with a gay lover leaving children behind.....to shouting homophobic words daily. Therefore one who is very mildly expressing displeasure is told to shut up with alleged homophobic thoughts, there lies the problem of being shut up.

Jeez, you've had a tough time, splender. I never knew. I understand if it is too tough to talk about, but was it the same person in both situations?

Saturn

Jeez, you've had a tough time, splender. I never knew. I understand if … Jeez, you've had a tough time, splender. I never knew. I understand if it is too tough to talk about, but was it the same person in both situations?

?

thisthatandtheother

If you have a book of teachings, the book does not change.

Book is not the issue, the issue is human reaction.

thisthatandtheother

I know there is a thread somewhere but couldn't find it. I read … I know there is a thread somewhere but couldn't find it. I read this earlier from an American whom is upset about Trump being president, but seems to have an idea why. Kind of reminds me of Brexit.

Trump was voted in , even when there was a 2 million vote gap, he is representing those who put him there and that's quite a lot of approvals in votes.

thisthatandtheother

And people don't like being treated like trash..... TRUMP HAPPENED … And people don't like being treated like trash..... TRUMP HAPPENED BECAUSE OF YOU !!!

In MISC, there is plenty of trash, people love this too. Social networking is a trap. I vote for Mr. MISC.

dtovey89

Yes, because 21st Century Christians act exactly the same as their first … Yes, because 21st Century Christians act exactly the same as their first century counterparts...Opposing homosexual marriage is homophobic whether the person who possesses such views cares to admit it or not.

Whilst I think gay marriage is perfectly acceptable, I have absolutely no problem with it, I don't believe the church should be forced to accept gay marriage etc.. It goes against what they preach. Perhaps the church should adapt as should most of the other medieval religions. Lets face it most religions are outdated, Most still believe the Earth is flat etc..

splender

There lies the problem of lack of words to describe the fifty shades of … There lies the problem of lack of words to describe the fifty shades of degree of love and hate for same sex emotions. There is a spectrum of feelings from indifference, raise an eyebrow when one's son brings in a male lover, your wife runs off with a gay lover leaving children behind.....to shouting homophobic words daily. Therefore one who is very mildly expressing displeasure is told to shut up with alleged homophobic thoughts, there lies the problem of being shut up.

inb4 Splender bogs down a reply with an unnecessary amount and bizarre choice of words.
    oO oh

shauneco

Whilst I think gay marriage is perfectly acceptable, I have absolutely no … Whilst I think gay marriage is perfectly acceptable, I have absolutely no problem with it, I don't believe the church should be forced to accept gay marriage etc.. It goes against what they preach. Perhaps the church should adapt as should most of the other medieval religions. Lets face it most religions are outdated, Most still believe the Earth is flat etc..

Well marriage is no longer exclusive to religion...

Original Poster

shauneco

Whilst I think gay marriage is perfectly acceptable, I have absolutely no … Whilst I think gay marriage is perfectly acceptable, I have absolutely no problem with it, I don't believe the church should be forced to accept gay marriage etc.. It goes against what they preach. Perhaps the church should adapt as should most of the other medieval religions. Lets face it most religions are outdated, Most still believe the Earth is flat etc..

I have no problem with it either, if two blokes want to get married I couldn't give a monkeys. It's nothing to do with me. But if people are brought up to believe something and are told that this book is basically the meaning of life etc, it's very hard to then tell them, no actually just ignore that bit.

Original Poster

dtovey89

inb4 Splender bogs down a reply with an unnecessary amount and bizarre … inb4 Splender bogs down a reply with an unnecessary amount and bizarre choice of words.oO oh

alternative facts

Banned

they all are butt hurt, both sides

dtovey89

inb4 Splender bogs down a reply with an unnecessary amount and bizarre … inb4 Splender bogs down a reply with an unnecessary amount and bizarre choice of words.oO oh

You are deviating from topic which is Trump, unfortunately so, if you want to fix or describe something, you need to be bogged down with many words so that we are clear with what Trump means in action, just soundbites which is what Trump does with alternative facts, which is where we are now with the single word "homophobic" and its back lash with its usage in the context of this Trump phenomenon.
    Edited by: "splender" 23rd Jan

splender

You are deviating from topic which is Trump, unfortunately so, if you … You are deviating from topic which is Trump, unfortunately so, if you want to fix or describe something, you need to be bogged down with many words so that we are clear with what Trump means in action, just soundbites which is what Trump does with alternative facts, which is where we are now with the single word "homophobic" and its back lash with its usage in the context of this Trump phenomenon.

If you have a problem with gay people getting married you are homophobic. Can I be any more clear?

I'm sure Trumps downfall will be someone exercising their Second Amendment
    http://dailypicksandflicks.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/question-about-second-amendment-bear-arms.jpg

dtovey89

If you have a problem with gay people getting married you are homophobic. … If you have a problem with gay people getting married you are homophobic. Can I be any more clear?

Maybe, write down your definitions of "problem", "homophobic", "gay", "clear" and "married" first.

splender

Maybe, write down your definitions of "problem", "homophobic", "gay", … Maybe, write down your definitions of "problem", "homophobic", "gay", "clear" and "married" first.

Are you attempting to justify homophobia with your (concerning) disagreement with the statement I made?
    It sounds like you are.

Marriage: the legally or formally recognized union of two people as partners in a personal relationship
    Homophobic: having or showing a dislike of or prejudice against homosexual people

Denying a gay couple the right to marry is homophobic. Homophobia is a prejudice.

dtovey89

Are you attempting to justify homophobia with your (concerning) … Are you attempting to justify homophobia with your (concerning) disagreement with the statement I made?It sounds like you are.Marriage: the legally or formally recognized union of two people as partners in a personal relationship Homophobic: having or showing a dislike of or prejudice against homosexual peopleDenying a gay couple the right to marry is homophobic. Homophobia is a prejudice.

Stay on topic, the subject of this thread, which is , "Upset American on Donald Trump", 1/ What has homophobic got to do with this thread, then if there is 2/ Is Trump homophobic? 3/Are Americans homophobic?

splender

Stay on topic

He is. Everyone here can recognise that he's on-topic except for you.

What is wrong with you?

splender

Stay on topic, the subject of this thread, which is , "Upset American on … Stay on topic, the subject of this thread, which is , "Upset American on Donald Trump", 1/ What has homophobic got to do with this thread, then if there is 2/ Is Trump homophobic? 3/Are Americans homophobic?

I replied to the most liked comment in this thread and you subsequently chose to reply to me.

You were happy to discuss my definitions of homophobia and marriage but now I've called you out you're playing the "off topic" card.

It's clear to see that in your attempts to defend those who disagree with two men getting married that you are possibly homophobic yourself. I'll leave that one to you to decide. No offence intended.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Weekly game codes giveaway 1831328
      2. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism813
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846228
      4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…6561254

See more discussions