Upvc front door handle

Found 28th Oct 2017
I need a replacement UPVC front door handle but I can't seem to find ones where the distance between the screws are 115mm. They all seem to be 122mm?

Anyone knows much about these door handles? Have I got an unusual upvc door to everyone else?
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
door handle looks like this

Edited by: "mutley1" 28th Oct 2017
Unscrew the handle. Normally there is extra play on the screw holes. Check if this the case.
refix26 m ago

Unscrew the handle. Normally there is extra play on the screw holes. Check …Unscrew the handle. Normally there is extra play on the screw holes. Check if this the case.

thanks. there is extra room yes as the holes are quite big. 115mm is middle of one big hole to middle of the other big hole. i did think this may be ok for 122mm but i wondered if they come in different sizes or do they all come in 122mm between the two screw holes.
eBay's best for this stuff.
andynicol7 m ago

Hahaha
That's a weird size, don't know if this will be any good but got it from a link with someone who was asking the same question.
upvc-hardware.co.uk/han…les
Can see 123mm and 124mm screw centres.
Edited by: "kramvic" 28th Oct 2017
Is there a name on the lock
i.e. MIla, fullex,hoppe.
this will give you the handle size.
Standard centres are 92mm for most new locks.
kramvic16 h, 34 m ago

That's a weird size, don't know if this will be any good but got it from a …That's a weird size, don't know if this will be any good but got it from a link with someone who was asking the same question.https://www.upvc-hardware.co.uk/handles/lever-lever-upvc-door-handlesCan see 123mm and 124mm screw centres.

i don't know if it is actually wierd, hence my question. it would appear that i need 92mm between door handle and lock but the link you provided doesn't tell me the distance between the 2 screws.
databar10 h, 56 m ago

Is there a name on the locki.e. MIla, fullex,hoppe.this will give you the …Is there a name on the locki.e. MIla, fullex,hoppe.this will give you the handle size.Standard centres are 92mm for most new locks.

the lock is not part of the door handle as both had been replaced previously (not by me). yes, it would appear that it is 92mm but i am worried about the shorter distance between the 2 screws on the door handle than what is commonly quoted on the retail sites.
andynicol17 h, 49 m ago

i have already looked mate. nothing on there with the size i need. but thanks for your sarcy answer, NOT.
i have ordered a pair from ebay which hopefully will fit. as the first poster advised, the holes are big enough to mess around with the measurement. i think i kinda got a bit muddled with measuring from the middle of one big hole to another big hole when there is room to move around the big holes
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants