Groups

Upvc window advice

Good evening, I am after a liitle advice from people in the know. Would someone be so kind as to put a name to the plastic inserts that are clipped into the frame, I'm guessing they are to centralise the window into the frame as the window closes?. My windows were fitted when Coldseal were still in business, I have managed to replace a broken gearbox assembly but now noticed these inserts have broken.
    What are they called and where can I get them please.
    Thanks!.

6 Comments

Belive they are commonly known as run up blocks.

http://www.excellentwindows.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/aluminum-window-diagram.png
    Sounds like you are looking for either a bead or gasket?
    Afraid I'm not sure where to buy from?

Rembos

Belive they are commonly known as run up blocks.

I had to get one replaced, sent a pic to the supplier of what I was looking for as I also had no idea what it's called. The pic above shows every conceivable part of a window except these blocks.

Original Poster

Thanks for the replies guys, after searching run up blocks I can confirm that they are indeed what I'm looking for.
    You wouldn't believe how long I spent trying to find out their name!.

Cheers for the help.

Original Poster

buglawton

I had to get one replaced, sent a pic to the supplier of what I was … I had to get one replaced, sent a pic to the supplier of what I was looking for as I also had no idea what it's called. The pic above shows every conceivable part of a window except these blocks.

I feel your pain...how hard could it be. I can't believe the blocks are never shown either.

The part I once hunted for was in fact an espag night vent window keep, that slotted thing that allows you to lock the window slightly ajar.

security-hardware.co.uk/nig…101

So hard to find I almost thought of getting one 3D printed.
    Edited by: "buglawton" 28th Nov 2016
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Need help with home Internet dropping out please45
      2. Sky Box Sets Help11
      3. What will £250 get me second hand mobile11
      4. Iphone 7 - What Case?612

See more discussions