Groups
    EXPIRED

Urgent Cheap Camera For My Sons Trip To Australia

Looking for a reasonable, cheap (around £50) camera for son to take on trip to Australia. He's never had a camera before and always relied upon his iphone. Needed in next ten days, so either instore, or somewhere with reilable delivery time. Thanks for help

10 Comments

Tesco had a technika uner £20 on offer on here the other day - I have some really nice cameras (being an ex photographer) but bought one of these as a throw away, but must be honest still have it is is still going strong and never let me down had it three years now so

Aldi are doing one on special offer soon....

aldi.co.uk/uk/…htm

Remember you may also need rechargable batteries (if they are AA or AAA), a charger, and a memory card.

Dont buy too cheap a camera as it may well be worse than the pictures he gets from the iphone.

And get one with a decent zoom if he is going to Australia (note optical zoom not digital zoom).

A quick look on the Argos site finds the Fuji JX530 for £70.00. Fuji are generaly a good make (I have a Fuji)

argos.co.uk/sta…htm

This is 14 mega pixel, and a 5x optical zoom. It also comes with a rechargable battery. Note they do have other colours on the Argos web site.

I have not done any research on this camera, it is just a quick suggestion, but it is the sort of thing you should be looking for I think.

Just looked at the reviews on the Argos web site and they seem pretty god.

Edited by: "guilbert53" 16th Feb 2011

quite a few £50ish cameras in the Argos clearance, I recomend you do a search in your local stores...
    argos.co.uk/sta…nce?tag=ar:home:fz:004:
    remember to budget for a memory card too and batteries(and charger if rechargable)
    hope he has a great trip

jessops had nikon L22 or something like that !!!! 49 £

jessops.com/onl…tml

I saw this one on Ebay's deals. I've had a Casio Exilim for years and they are very reliable and the rechargable battery it comes with lasts for ages, at least 2 weeks of use! http://****.co.uk/ws/…986
    Item number 270704184986

guilbert53

Remember you may also need rechargable batteries (if they are AA or AAA), … Remember you may also need rechargable batteries (if they are AA or AAA), a charger, and a memory card.Dont buy too cheap a camera as it may well be worse than the pictures he gets from the iphone.And get one with a decent zoom if he is going to Australia (note optical zoom not digital zoom).A quick look on the Argos site finds the Fuji JX530 for £70.00. Fuji are generaly a good make (I have a Fuji) [url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.argos.co.uk%2Fstatic%2FProduct%2FpartNumber%2F5593756.htm]http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5593756.htm[/url]This is 14 mega pixel, and a 5x optical zoom. It also comes with a rechargable battery. Note they do have other colours on the Argos web site.I have not done any research on this camera, it is just a quick suggestion, but it is the sort of thing you should be looking for I think.Just looked at the reviews on the Argos web site and they seem pretty god.

I have one similar to this and its a great camera, and if you can push the cash def worth buying as you wont get any pics nearly as good for another camera around this price mark and great for distance shots

** EDIT Sorry thought he was linking to this deal which is similar to what i have and the pictures will be a lot better then any compact camera and does great distance shots
    hotukdeals.com/dea…549
    Edited by: "Chuckles1001" 17th Feb 2011

Item number 310296733562 on e-bay looks a good one, £50 delivered
    http://cgi.****.co.uk/ws/…562

replace the **** with ebay
    Edited by: "tyke-eng" 17th Feb 2011

Original Poster

Thanks all for most helpful input. I have decided to go with the Fujifilm from argos.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Free Codes from EGX33
      2. What do you feel happy about/grateful for today?53407
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7231366
      4. What would be HELL to you?3254

See more discussions