Groups

URGENT EBAY HELP NEW PROBLEM PLEASE HELP URGENT

Just purchased a mobile from ebay and seller had agreed on a price via messaging. I used the request new total from seller to get the new price but seller does not know what to do next.
    What should the seller do?

NEW PROBLEM - SEE LAST POST!!!

27 Comments

Send an invoice discounting the amount he needs to so that it's the right amount.

via messaging so off ebay?

Oh lord.i fear the worst here !

deb8z

Why?, he's still covered if it's done properly. You can end a listing early and alter the invoice amount.

Although if not done properly then.............oops. lol

Original Poster

Syzable

Send an invoice discounting the amount he needs to so that it's the right … Send an invoice discounting the amount he needs to so that it's the right amount.

Sorry 4 being a noob, but how do I send him an invoice?
    I've done it previously but seems like things have changed on the bay....

If the seller can't even send an invoice i meant,lord knows what'll happen next

Original Poster

plumberman01

via messaging so off ebay?

Yeah, through the ebay messaging service

Have you actually bought it through Ebay or not,i'm confused now ?

Original Poster

deb8z

Sellers actually got excellent feedback but has been away for a few days so wasn't able to send an invoice. When he tried he was unable to change the price apparently.
    How can I send an invoice?

Original Poster

Yeah, I bought the item through ebay (won it on auction at starting price) and the seller had agreed on a price when i messaged him THROUGH EBAY.
    so its a 100% ebay transaction.

Original Poster

Syzable

Send an invoice discounting the amount he needs to so that it's the right … Send an invoice discounting the amount he needs to so that it's the right amount.

Sorry just realised that you meant the seller needs to do this.
    HOW does the seller do this?

bilalbilal

Sorry 4 being a noob, but how do I send him an invoice?I've done it … Sorry 4 being a noob, but how do I send him an invoice?I've done it previously but seems like things have changed on the bay....

He has to invoice you. There is a box for +/- amount on the invoice and he just adds or subtracts what he needs to in there.

get him to resend you the invoice and there should be a bit where he can add or subtract an amount.

If you won it at the start price why does the invoice need to be changed?

Original Poster

deb8z

If you won it at the start price why does the invoice need to be changed?

Because the price we agreed was lower than the starting price, lol

Syzable

He has to invoice you. There is a box for +/- amount on the invoice and … He has to invoice you. There is a box for +/- amount on the invoice and he just adds or subtracts what he needs to in there.

This.^^^ After he puts the discount, I think he should just send the invoce without clicking Recalculate.

I thought you were gonna say it was higher i was gonna say don't send more money,but if it's less that's ok.

As Marina said,don't click re-calculate it doesn't work,for some mad reason

Original Poster

deb8z

As Marina said,don't click re-calculate it doesn't work,for some mad … As Marina said,don't click re-calculate it doesn't work,for some mad reason

OK I have sent this message to the seller, does it look OK?

As agreed via messaging, please change the price of the phone to what we had agreed. You have to do this by resending the invoice - to do this on the original invoice their should be a +/- button and you subtract according to the price we agreed. Do not click on recalculate because for some bizarre reason it doesn't seem to be working but send me the new invoice.

That's it............as per HUKD rules you now owe us all a £10 consultancy fee each.

Original Poster

Syzable

That's it............as per HUKD rules you now owe us all a £10 … That's it............as per HUKD rules you now owe us all a £10 consultancy fee each.

:D:D
    I was just going to say, I WISH IT WAS THE OLD DAYS....and I could give rep to everyone here X)

Original Poster

Hey and thanks to everyone will let you know what happens
    Im sure itll go smoothly

You can "like" posts over there these days,but that's it >>>>>

In all the years i've used Ebay the re-calculate bit has never worked,i've no idea why it's there as it re-calcualtes it without you clicking on it,bizarre.

deb8z

You can "like" posts over there these days,but that's it In all the … You can "like" posts over there these days,but that's it >>>>> In all the years i've used Ebay the re-calculate bit has never worked,i've no idea why it's there as it re-calcualtes it without you clicking on it,bizarre.

I think it's meant to be a reset button. It probably makes sense in America. lol

Original Poster

PROBLEM!!!! Have just spoken to seller and when he tries to subtract the amount it gives an error saying invalid discount, can only discount £7 or something of the sort?
    HELP HELP HELP

Original Poster

I've just checked here
    tamebay.com/200…tml
    SEEMS like its ebays fault
    is going through paypal safe the way it says on the website

Original Poster

mods plz close this thred opened a new one with new problem
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …239763
      2. Your dream gaming set up?2347
      3. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…916
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846307

See more discussions