Expired

URGENT Help Holiday Baggage Enquiry.

Found 4th Jun 2014
Hey everyone so im flying to Cyrpus this Friday for the first time in a decade. Im in the process of packing my bag. The holiday was booked online via Teletext holidays but no one in the invoice does it state the bagge allowance that my party of 3 (including myself) is allowed.

We have to collect our passes at the check in desk, with Fly Monarch as we are travelling on Monarch Airlines. However im confused about the baggage allowance. According to one of my party members, he said we get 20kg shared between us and 10kg hand luggage each which have been paid for? But i have no way to confirm this. But the invoice states to check Fly Monarchs website which i believe to be Monarch.co.uk

However our flight ends with ZB, which has the FAQ states that Monarch ZB Flight Baggage FAQ

Im very very confused. I think my friend has been mistaken and now im really at a dead end here. Do i get the standard 20kg or do i have to pay for this, and the same goes for Hand luggage whats the situation there is it a free 5kg or would i need to pay for this? I tried contacting Teletext holidays earlier 3 different times around 4pm (after i finished work) and i was put on hold for 20mins each time with no answer from customer services. Now its past 5pm and their call centre is shut. So i cant confirm the baggage allowance that my party is going to get for the holiday. I really didnt want to leave things till the last day, but it seems im royally screwed.

is there no other way to check my baggage allowance outside of teletet holidays i.e. via the flight or something?

Im having a major panic attack about this holiday, and seriously need someone to help clear this mess up for me.

1. Ask
  2. Holiday
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Holiday
12 Comments

I would phone monarch and ask. I'm flying with them in August and have had to pay to take a large bag. Only 10kg in a certain sized bag is free of charge. I've never heard of anything else but I have only ever booked flights direct with them. Best to phone before as if you turn up with baggage you aren't allowed it will cost a fortune.

0333 003 0700 open til 8pm

Usually it's between £70 & £80 for 20kg

Why is it the first time in a decade?

Original Poster

thank you for this. however typically no one is available snd ive been on hold for 7mins already........

Original Poster

wookiemummy

I would phone monarch and ask. I'm flying with them in August and have … I would phone monarch and ask. I'm flying with them in August and have had to pay to take a large bag. Only 10kg in a certain sized bag is free of charge. I've never heard of anything else but I have only ever booked flights direct with them. Best to phone before as if you turn up with baggage you aren't allowed it will cost a fortune.

Thank you very much Wookiemummy! After waiting an agonising 20mins again, i managed to find out that we each have a 10kg alowance in hand luggage and one of us has 20kg in hold luggage. So were going to be pooling our stuff together. Thankfully that nightmarish panic is over

Edited by: "Trilink" 4th Jun 2014

If you haven't paid in advance for hold baggage you'll just have the cabin baggage -check out the dimensions allowed on the Monarch website .Its a reasonable size ,they rarely weigh cabin baggage -they just make sure it conforms to size . Be aware paying at the airport for hold baggage is expensive ,so sort and weigh your hold bag before you set off.

Original Poster

How to i work out the dimension size at home?

On Monarchs websitei t states 56x40x25cm but when i asked the lady from Monarch customer serivces yesterday she gave me the following dimensions: 56x45x20cm.

How to do i go about measuring these with a tape measure at home?

I.e. which ones height, width and depth measurement?

Another thing, im taking an academic book with me on the flight to read, this book is about 2kg, now does this count towards the baggage allowance of hand or held?

Height, width, depth. That order

I hear academic books don't have a special privilege and are counted as luggage.

Wear a coat. Put book in coat. Be nonchalant.

Original Poster

Gestr

Height, width, depth. That orderI hear academic books don't have a … Height, width, depth. That orderI hear academic books don't have a special privilege and are counted as luggage.Wear a coat. Put book in coat. Be nonchalant.

Are you sure the first number represents height and not length? Width is easy to measure btu what abiout depth? How would i go about measuring the depth of my suitcase.

Alas i dont have a coat big enough that could fit it!

Trilink

How to i work out the dimension size at home? On Monarchs websitei t … How to i work out the dimension size at home? On Monarchs websitei t states 56x40x25cm but when i asked the lady from Monarch customer serivces yesterday she gave me the following dimensions: 56x45x20cm.How to do i go about measuring these with a tape measure at home?I.e. which ones height, width and depth measurement?Another thing, im taking an academic book with me on the flight to read, this book is about 2kg, now does this count towards the baggage allowance of hand or held?

It makes no difference, as long as the dimensions do not exceed them.

ie; your case will fit in to a cage with those dimensions, any way up.

^what Inactive says is very true. I'm not sure why you would have a difficulty measuring depth. All the measurements are external.

If you're really worried about weight, take a coat. Sit holding book in boarding lounge with coat folded up over it like a distinguished gentleman holding a coat. Carry coat into board lounge and onto plane like this savvy/deeply disturbing fellow: dreamstime.com/roy…738
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions