Urgent help needed - think lost everything on phone

Found 10th Aug
Please help - we just backed up my daugters iphone. Wanted to encrypt and set a password, but iTunes wouldn’t allow it. Cancelled the password and iTunes backed the phone up. Have reset phone and now trying to restore backup. It is asking for a password that was never set and will not allow the restore to take place. Can anyone please help??
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
Is it an empty character you would’ve been asked to confirm twice
No password was set - my husband cancelled it out twice as every time he tried to set a passwprd it would nto allow it - and then itunes just started backing it up so no password was actually set
fairy2 m ago

No password was set - my husband cancelled it out twice as every time he …No password was set - my husband cancelled it out twice as every time he tried to set a passwprd it would nto allow it - and then itunes just started backing it up so no password was actually set

Had the phone ever had a password on it? If it had try that.

Apple wouldnt suddenly and randomly put a password on a phone
it is not the passwprd of the phone it wants it wants the password it asked to be set but which it then did not do when the back up was created and encrypted - this was never set? Hope this makes sense.
A friend had similar issue, turned out the password was an old iTunes account password so worth trying that.
craigbelperbrown59 s ago

A friend had similar issue, turned out the password was an old iTunes …A friend had similar issue, turned out the password was an old iTunes account password so worth trying that.

Think it’s to do with when the phone would have originally been set up.
The same thing happened to me yesterday. Even though it said the password could not be set, the password I had attempted to enter did actually work when I came to restore.
It will be iTunes PW
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants