Expired

Urgent help needed with travel agent

Found 20th Oct 2017
So I booked a flight with travel trolley (going by reviews it was the least troublesome) for my parents. Now upon filling in the form, for one passenger I entered Mr where it should be Mrs. I noticed this in 10 minutes after reading the e-mail and calling them back they said it's already been processed and I need to pay £70 to get it rectified.

Going by google searches it seems the title doesn't matter as long as the name matches the passport.

Does anyone know what to do here???
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
7 Comments
Hi, I used to be a travel agent and worked as one for 7 years. Yes there is no title on your passports but it might be a problem if the Mrs entered as Mr is the lead passenger (the first name you entered)
Original Poster
bethanysherborne8 m ago

Hi, I used to be a travel agent and worked as one for 7 years. Yes there …Hi, I used to be a travel agent and worked as one for 7 years. Yes there is no title on your passports but it might be a problem if the Mrs entered as Mr is the lead passenger (the first name you entered)

Yeh its the lead passenger with a child. Everything else is correct.
you have to pay the fee to get it changed. you could contact the airline to see if they would accept the wrong title as it will be them that will be allow or not allow your mum through the gate at the airport.
Depends on the airline, if it’s bad or virgin they will change it for free others will charg
What if its the agent's error?

Up to them to resolve for free?
Original Poster
ending up calling airline direct, they amended it via a note.
Gollywood9 h, 29 m ago

What if its the agent's error? Up to them to resolve for free?

if the agent made the mistake then they would pay to get it changed and wouldn't be asking for the £70 fee.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions