Urgent help please! Does anyone know how to recover / restore photos that were accidentally deleted from an LG G2 mobile phone? Thanks very much :)

Found 2nd Oct 2017
Hi all, a few minutes ago my sister accidentally deleted all her photos / pictures etc from her LG G2 mobile phone. (Possibly hundreds of them!)

Does anyone know any good method / software etc to try to recover / restore the photos?

In the meanwhile, she is not using her phone as she has heard somewhere that new files 'overwrite' the old ones?

Thanks very much in advance for any and all advice and help
Community Updates
Ask
20 Comments
It's worth checking if photo upload might have been enabled. Try logging into photos.google.com with gmail/android account and see if they're there.
BeerDrinker1 m ago

It's worth checking if photo upload might have been enabled. Try logging …It's worth checking if photo upload might have been enabled. Try logging into photos.google.com with gmail/android account and see if they're there.

Thanks so much for your mega-quick reply. She'll do this right now (and I'll report back). Thanks again
I've never had an lg so IJust googled "deleted photos lg"and this along with lots of other pages came up. You've probably already checked it all on google but this is rhe first thing that came up. I had a quick read and think this might be useful.
Clicky here
make sure you check out each thing before you do incase it make something worse!
Best of luck
Edited by: "LeahsMintytoutou" 2nd Oct 2017
LeahsMintytoutou1 h, 9 m ago

I've never had an lg so IJust googled "deleted photos lg"and this along …I've never had an lg so IJust googled "deleted photos lg"and this along with lots of other pages came up. You've probably already checked it all on google but this is rhe first thing that came up. I had a quick read and think this might be useful.Clicky heremake sure you check out each thing before you do incase it make something worse! Best of luck

Thank you very much as well for your kind reply. No my sister had not already checked it all out, so your link was potentially very useful. She is still trying, unfortunately BeerDrinker's suggestion didn't work as I don't think my sister's email/gmail account is/was synced to Google Photos, but she will continue to try various Android Recovery type software etc. Thanks again for taking the time to post on this thread, it is very much appreciated

Have a lovely evening and I'll post back here in case my sister has any success - and how she did it - in case it may help other people.
Over.The.Knee23 m ago

Thank you very much as well for your kind reply. No my sister had not …Thank you very much as well for your kind reply. No my sister had not already checked it all out, so your link was potentially very useful. She is still trying, unfortunately BeerDrinker's suggestion didn't work as I don't think my sister's email/gmail account is/was synced to Google Photos, but she will continue to try various Android Recovery type software etc. Thanks again for taking the time to post on this thread, it is very much appreciated Have a lovely evening and I'll post back here in case my sister has any success - and how she did it - in case it may help other people.

Only catch is the software they recommend is free to scan, then charges fortune to actually buy to allow the recovery. I've used the below linked one before which is free for image only recovery. To use on a mobile device, you need to connect the device to a PC/Lappy, then ensure the device is set to "Media sync (MTP) or Data Transfer" I think (can't remember what the terminology on the older Android OS. The key is that windows then see's the storage on the device, then point the software to that drive to search.

z-a-recovery.com/dow…spx
Try Recuva, I've had good experiences with it in the past.
cecilmcroberts (Hello again, you've frequently given me great advice on my previous threads - nice to see you again!), fivegoldstars and denchington - thank you all so much for your replies - which made my sister praise the lovely community spirit of this forum (I already know how great you guys are!) ..

For various reasons, including the fact that she wasn't feeling very well yesterday evening, she hasn't tried your various suggested methods as yet, but one thing she is intending to do today is to take her phone to a friend who deals with mobile phone repairs and works nearby. I'll report back on whether she has any success or not. Thanks again to all of you for your wonderful advice
Just a quick update: my sister took her phone to a local mobile phone repair shop and left it with them all day. Unfortunately they couldn't find any pictures. The man at the shop said that he used software more normally suited to computers / laptops (Easy Photo Recovery and Stella FX ??), so other methods may potentially work.

At home I connected the LG G2 to my desktop computer with a USB cable and then tried the recommendations made by ALL of you kind posters above. However for some reason none of the software programs could detect that there was a phone plugged into the computer, no matter what I tried (including cecilmcroberts' suggestion of ensuring that the phone was set to 'Media sync (MTP) or Data Transfer').

My sister may try other things but she is already kind of resigned to losing her photos. (In the meanwhile, she is still not using her phone 'just in case' a possible solution pops up!)
Thanks again to all of you for your kind suggestions - even if they didn't work, they were still very much appreciated!
Over.The.Knee54 m ago

Just a quick update: my sister took her phone to a local mobile phone …Just a quick update: my sister took her phone to a local mobile phone repair shop and left it with them all day. Unfortunately they couldn't find any pictures. The man at the shop said that he used software more normally suited to computers / laptops (Easy Photo Recovery and Stella FX ??), so other methods may potentially work.At home I connected the LG G2 to my desktop computer with a USB cable and then tried the recommendations made by ALL of you kind posters above. However for some reason none of the software programs could detect that there was a phone plugged into the computer, no matter what I tried (including cecilmcroberts' suggestion of ensuring that the phone was set to 'Media sync (MTP) or Data Transfer').My sister may try other things but she is already kind of resigned to losing her photos. (In the meanwhile, she is still not using her phone 'just in case' a possible solution pops up!)Thanks again to all of you for your kind suggestions - even if they didn't work, they were still very much appreciated!

Hey OTK, firstly thanks for your kind comments. I have a LG G2 here myself and I'll test some ideas for you tomorrow evening after I finish work and report back. The device I have sitting has a known WIFI issue but it should still be fine plugging into PC to try recovery options. Will need to charge it tommorrow before the test also as don't wish to leave it alone while charging as with the WIFI issue it causes some high heat issues while using and charging.
Edit: off the top of my head, you might need the LG PC Suite program installed on your PC first, this contains the drivers for the device.

lg.com/us/…etc
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 3rd Oct 2017
When you connect your phone to the PC, you have to allow access from the phone before the PC can see it (a notification on the phone should appear)
cecilmcroberts20 h, 49 m ago

Hey OTK, firstly thanks for your kind comments. I have a LG G2 here myself …Hey OTK, firstly thanks for your kind comments. I have a LG G2 here myself and I'll test some ideas for you tomorrow evening after I finish work and report back. The device I have sitting has a known WIFI issue but it should still be fine plugging into PC to try recovery options. Will need to charge it tommorrow before the test also as don't wish to leave it alone while charging as with the WIFI issue it causes some high heat issues while using and charging.Edit: off the top of my head, you might need the LG PC Suite program installed on your PC first, this contains the drivers for the device.http://www.lg.com/us/support/product-help/CT10000026-20150108669720-file-media-transfer-pictures-music-etc

Sorry the old device I had here, has now also developed the bootloop issue. So unable to check.
chocci - Thanks for your message. My sister eventually got the PC to 'see' the phone by allowing 'USB debugging' or something..

cecilmcroberts - Thanks so much for all the time and trouble you took. Sorry also for my late reply, I actually saw your messages a bit late. My sister spent a few hours with a friend yesterday, who plugged her phone into a computer and tried various software options. At one stage exactly the scenario you had envisaged earlier occurred, because lots of thumbnails of various images appeared (including loads that my sister said were nothing to do with her) but the program wanted money in order to proceed further. However as my sister didn't want the few relevant images that had appeared as thumbnails, she more or less decided to dump it at that point. She didn't use the phone for the rest of the day, but I think she will today as she now needs it for various reasons. I think she did pretty well not using a mobile phone for over two days!
I would like to thank you and all the other posters once again for your kindness in attempting to help her, we never forget favours and remain extremely grateful to all of you, thank you so much
cecilmcroberts - A quick side question as you used to use an LG G2, what mobile phone do you use now?
This question is also for any other posters who may have a spare moment to answer this. My sister has been looking to replace her LG G2 for a while now. Her budget is about £250. However she knows that opinions will vary a lot on this and will continue to look on HUKD for deals. Perhaps a former flagship phone such as a Samsung Galaxy S6 or S7 if it comes down in price enough.
Hope you all have a good day!
Over.The.Knee1 h, 21 m ago

chocci - Thanks for your message. My sister eventually got the PC to 'see' …chocci - Thanks for your message. My sister eventually got the PC to 'see' the phone by allowing 'USB debugging' or something..cecilmcroberts - Thanks so much for all the time and trouble you took. Sorry also for my late reply, I actually saw your messages a bit late. My sister spent a few hours with a friend yesterday, who plugged her phone into a computer and tried various software options. At one stage exactly the scenario you had envisaged earlier occurred, because lots of thumbnails of various images appeared (including loads that my sister said were nothing to do with her) but the program wanted money in order to proceed further. However as my sister didn't want the few relevant images that had appeared as thumbnails, she more or less decided to dump it at that point. She didn't use the phone for the rest of the day, but I think she will today as she now needs it for various reasons. I think she did pretty well not using a mobile phone for over two days!I would like to thank you and all the other posters once again for your kindness in attempting to help her, we never forget favours and remain extremely grateful to all of you, thank you so much

Make sure she now installs Google photos app and sets sync on
Flicker. Google. Onedrive. Snapfish or any any photo printing app is free to store photos. It will prompt you to setup. If your amazon prime that will backup to. It should just do it. Automatically with no effort so give your device to someone. Anyone and ask them to setup. Dose my nut when I here these problems as no need for it. I think you got to try to avoid the auto backups theses these days to loose your photos. Folks still do. I backed up a relatives photos to dvd. There pc died and when I mentioned the dvd I sorted for them with photos and files on they admitted to throwing it out. I wash my hands of it all now.
Edited by: "wayners" 5th Oct 2017
Over.The.Knee13 h, 13 m ago

cecilmcroberts - A quick side question as you used to use an LG G2, what …cecilmcroberts - A quick side question as you used to use an LG G2, what mobile phone do you use now?This question is also for any other posters who may have a spare moment to answer this. My sister has been looking to replace her LG G2 for a while now. Her budget is about £250. However she knows that opinions will vary a lot on this and will continue to look on HUKD for deals. Perhaps a former flagship phone such as a Samsung Galaxy S6 or S7 if it comes down in price enough.Hope you all have a good day!

I've changed to the Nexus 6P. Though I gave the G2 to my Neice and she loved it, until the dreaded WIFI issue appeared (it just keeps saying WIFI turning on same for bluetooth but doesn't actually ever turn on, only fix is a new C Board). Changed my Neice to a Moto G5 and she keeps moaning it's not as fast as the G2 was, nor the camera. She'll probably be getting my 6P next when I decide what I wish to change to myself.

PS: When I last used the Z-A Recovery program (remember it's free for photo recovery) it will pull everything it finds, even from web cache, seen myself it pulled up webpage banners from Easyjet and more or less every common webpage I ever visted, along with "proper" photos though! I saved everything it found, then had the task of sifting through and deleting what wasn't a proper photo.
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 5th Oct 2017
Quick update: All photos, pics, videos etc have now been recovered from the phone!
My sister had basically decided to dump the idea of getting her pics back and was going to start using her phone again, but she gave it to a friend yesterday for one last attempt. I'm not sure what software this friend used, but we now call him 'genius'! In the event that anyone may like to use his services at some point in future, he/we are based near Bounds Green tube station in north London, so if you live or work near here or are prepared to travel here, please feel free to contact me anytime!

chocci - good advice, she has now uploaded her files to Google Photos and has synced her phone.

wayners - thanks also for your great advice. Sorry to hear what happened with the DVD that you made for your relative, but your post did make me laugh, thank you!

cecilmcroberts - thanks as always for your reply. I'll consider the Nexus 6P, though it may be out of budget? I get the impression that many people are waiting to see what phones Amazon will put in their big sale day in November. I might too. Incidentally I also bought a Moto G5 (16 GB, 3 GB RAM, Dual SIM) from Amazon for my Dad a few months ago, which he's very pleased with. Certainly it seems more than fast enough for his needs.

Thanks again to all of you for your kind help and advice
Glad it all worked out..
wayners3 h, 41 m ago

Glad it all worked out..

Thanks so much!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants