Groups

Urgent help please!!: how do I end my listing early?

Hi,

I and a buyer have agreed on a price on ebay (say £5). I told her/him to enter £5 as her/his highest bid. Because there is no other bidder, the current bid price is of course the starting price (say 0.99).

If I end my listing now for the reason of selling to a highest bid how much will be the selling price?
    How do I end my listing and get the £5?

11 Comments

You should revise your listing and put a Buy It Now price of £5 (tell the buyer so they can watch for it) and as soon as they buy it the listing ends. Keeps you right with fees etc.

Original Poster

hi...
    thanks rep added... are there any other way other than putting a buy-now-it price?
    I dont want to incurr any more fees .. lol

cancel the listing then sell privatly to her

You could also adjust your starting price to the agreed sale price, but the auction would have to run it's course.

I'm not sure - don't think so as they frown upon selling outside Ebay when it had originally been listed. It means you're not covered either. Have you checked the Help section on Ebay for ending listing early? They will probably keep you right. I know when I've sold something to someone wanting to buy it for a certain price before anyone had bidded I told them I'd put BIN price and to watch (but to be quick because someone once lost out on an item as another buyer bought it while he had his tea LOL).

you could ask someone else to bid just under fiver. that way your buyer will be the highest bidder at £5 and you could then close the listing to the highest bidder

If the buyer is willing to buy off ebay I'd do that and sell to them privately. Naughty I guess but it happens ALL the time and if there are no other bids then no harm done. You won't then pay ebay final value fees or paypal fees (if this is how they choose to pay) and in my opinion the whole transaction is safer as ebay is really only safe for buyers imho.

Only thing I would say though is that often an item wil make more money if you let the auction run its course. Most people do not bid until the very end, so if you have watchers on your item, I would suggest that it may not be in your financial interest to end the listing early. If you buyer wants it, they will still bid on it.

Original Poster

hi

Thanks everyone for helping... rep 2 all

It has been sorted now... on ebay. It is very tempting to sell off ebay but I dont think the buyer want it that way.

Just for future info OP;

If you and a buyer/ seller agree to complete sale at an agreed price, and it is to stay within eBay, simply bid/ get the buyer to bid the agreed amount I.e £5. And then end listing early using the linky:
    signin.ebay.co.uk/ws/…562

Eventhough the listing bid will state £0.99, once you/ the seller end auction early, the final price will automatically end at the highest bid (£5), and not £0.99.
    This is always the case.
    Hope this helps

Original Poster

ele-font;8258189

Just for future info OP;If you and a buyer/ seller agree to complete sale … Just for future info OP;If you and a buyer/ seller agree to complete sale at an agreed price, and it is to stay within eBay, simply bid/ get the buyer to bid the agreed amount I.e £5. And then end listing early using the linky:https://signin.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SignIn&UsingSSL=1&pUserId=&co_partnerId=2&siteid=3&ru=http%3A%2F%2Foffer.ebay.co.uk%2Fws%2FeBayISAPI.dll%3FEndingMyAuction%26guest%3D1&pageType=562Eventhough the listing bid will state £0.99, once you/ the seller end auction early, the final price will automatically end at the highest bid (£5), and not £0.99.This is always the case.Hope this helps

Hi..Thanks for the info... I dont know this info cos I have never done it before.
    What made me doubtful was the clause just before "Sell Item" button (after the form) which says that the item will be sold at "current bid price". In my interpretation "current bid price" mean the winning bid, not the highest bid. I didnot want to risk selling my item at starting

Thanks for sharing your experience. As you say it will be useful for future transactions.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. cheapest way to Get from BRIDLINGTON TO ACCRINGTON ??22
      2. Laptop screen backlight issue23
      3. Input Lag v Refresh rate on a TV..510
      4. Three connection89

See more discussions