Groups

Urgent Help Required (Mobile Phone Contract)

A friend of mine recently took ot a mobile contract with the one stop shop. This contract is a 18month pay monthly contract. Anyway they have had the phone for a few days now and today they tried to make a call and it said they have ran out of credit???

Now as this is a pay monthly contract and not PAYG i don't have a clue what the problem is.
    Will they need to register or something before it works.
    Need the help as soon as possible as they are going abroad on boxing day.

Pat on the back for anyone with any advice thanks

9 Comments

Banned

network ?
    in the term and conditions should be a contact number if not go on line..and find the number and ring them first thing monday
    are you sure its contract ?

Original Poster

Its on virgin
    Yep its defiantly a contract i have it here in front of me
    Thing is if we ring monday will they have it sorted by boxing day:?

There Was A Company Went Down Last Week Sometime - I'm Not Sure If It Was This Company - Anyone Else On Line Who Can Verify This?

its not too late so get the phone back to them and cancel!
    this company is ****. they dont pay up on cash back deals and never answer the phone.
    stay well clear
    this is from experience
    i learnt the hard way

Banned

ryancs;1378275

Its on virginYep its defiantly a contract i have it here in front of me … Its on virginYep its defiantly a contract i have it here in front of me Thing is if we ring monday will they have it sorted by boxing day:?

they should be able to sort it that day

Original Poster

dog_cop;1378294

they should be able to sort it that day

when you say "sort it out" whats involved?

Virgin contract sims automatically come with PAYG credit of £5-£10 on them.

Tell your friend to call Vigin (789) and ask them if the contract is live.

you 7 days to cancel a contract but 14 days to send it back. also once given people dont like to take back.
    just renew again if you want , i had this problem when i connected to o2 over 2 wees without calls no help from anyone even at the o2 shops
    so jus ring them to cancel and send it back or you may end up stuck with it

thesaint;1378411

Virgin contract sims automatically come with PAYG credit of £5-£10 on t … Virgin contract sims automatically come with PAYG credit of £5-£10 on them. Tell your friend to call Vigin (789) and ask them if the contract is live.

^ hole in one,

This is what happened to me, and the above is what Virgin do, they send u a PAYG sim card with 5£ crd on it (seems like ur mate has used that free 5£ up), with in 48 hours they (whoever sold u the contact) will activate the sim card as a contract,

DO NOT REGISTER the sim card with Virgin when u call them, they will ask u to REG ur details DON'T , Because they will REG/ it as a payg sim card and then when your contract provider trys to Act/ the sim they will have problems and it will take longer,

Just leave it for 2 days, (due to xmas un all)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …83141
      2. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1111
      3. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.2748
      4. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)2125

See more discussions