URGENT HELP REQUIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE READ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23 replies
Found 4th Feb 2009
Hello, please can you guys help me find out how much it costs to ring 07052 numbers, Lets just say I rang it and found out its a prenium number And im going to be in alot of trouble if its alot please help rep for sure.

23 Comments

Original Poster

I know you guys are great at this kinda stuff,

From what i remember it is around 50p per minute as its a premium service

I thought your
!
key was stuck down.
Sorry can't help on that one, youll get answer in here, good luck lad

"070 numbers are "personal numbers". They are often used as a contact number that can be redirected to a mobile, landline, international number or voicemail as required. They are attractive to the owner because they are often completely free to set up and run, and if you change mobile number or move house you don't need to give everyone a new number. However, anyone calling these numbers pays for the convenience, as they are extremely expensive to call.

Don't call them back unless you have a very good reason!"

What was it for? how do you know its premium rate?

Banned

Those are personal numbers, you get charged to ring them,
Basically it's a con, they ring you and hang up, you look and think it's a mobile number ring it back and get charged, which then gets put in thier pocket.

Banned

catinthehat;4283396

"070 numbers are "personal numbers". They are often used as a contact … "070 numbers are "personal numbers". They are often used as a contact number that can be redirected to a mobile, landline, international number or voicemail as required. They are attractive to the owner because they are often completely free to set up and run, and if you change mobile number or move house you don't need to give everyone a new number. However, anyone calling these numbers pays for the convenience, as they are extremely expensive to call.Don't call them back unless you have a very good reason!"

forums.moneysavingexpert.com/sho…114

Banned

shoot double post

catinthehat;4283396

"070 numbers are "personal numbers". They are often used as a contact … "070 numbers are "personal numbers". They are often used as a contact number that can be redirected to a mobile, landline, international number or voicemail as required. They are attractive to the owner because they are often completely free to set up and run, and if you change mobile number or move house you don't need to give everyone a new number. However, anyone calling these numbers pays for the convenience, as they are extremely expensive to call.Don't call them back unless you have a very good reason!"

LOL, too late :oops:

]MSE

Original Poster

Do you think Its going to be a massive amount basically I found and advertisement and rang up then noticed it was a prenium number my dad is going to kill me!!!!!!!!

chloek07;4283417

Do you think Its going to be a massive amount basically I found and … Do you think Its going to be a massive amount basically I found and advertisement and rang up then noticed it was a prenium number my dad is going to kill me!!!!!!!!

depends how long it was.

sucks to be you

Original Poster

only 30 seconds, but my dads will go crazy if its alot ! can these numbers charge what they like ? thanks for all help for far

Premium numbers can cost anywhere between 10p & £1.50 a minute as far as I'm aware. Sometimes there's a connection charge too. If you weren't on too long it shouldn't be too expensive. Does the advertisement not state what the cost of calling the number is?

The most it could be is £3

if your lucky it will go unoticed, depends if your parents go over the bill with a fine tooth comb. They might spot the number and check it out, is the number you called more worrying than the cost of the call? Cos at 30secs you looking at £1.50 max probably.

Original Poster

No doesn't state

Original Poster

They are quite smart post a good looking advert when someone is intrested they ring and get charged a bomb

they use these number on Freeadds Web site. i was caught when i was looking for a car and ringing to arrange viewing. i dont remember seeing anywhere about them being expensive to call but i'm sure its in the small print somewhere....

what was the advert then?

I though mobiles were all 079... 070 would immediately catch my attention

Don't think it'll break the bank, at worst I'm sure you can pay them back.

I thought you were gonna say the exclaimation key was stuck on your keboard.

Original Poster

robtallica;4284832

I thought you were gonna say the exclaimation key was stuck on your … I thought you were gonna say the exclaimation key was stuck on your keboard.

It really was :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. arome therapy diffusers23
    2. Best place to get Euro's... this Wednesday?914
    3. Netflix Family - Anyone got any places going?40
    4. Best/cheapest music service66

See more discussions