Groups

URGENT: Make your purchases before Monday- If the manf is US based

Banned
    Just had the following email from a vendor ....

Because of weakening of pounds against dollar the prices of all items (hard ware) will see an increase of between 5-10% where the manf is based in the US ....

20 Comments

what are we buying??

Original Poster Banned

razorcuts;2947791

what are we buying??

ah the title: URGENT: Make your purchases before Monday- If the manf is US based

????????????????:)

Banned

me caffudlled

he works for dell. he's warning us that their price is going up

Original Poster Banned

Have I confused you alll... okay edited the original post so hopefully it should make some more sense now

Banned

Dell_in_the_bed;2947824

Have I confused you alll... okay edited the original post so hopefully it … Have I confused you alll... okay edited the original post so hopefully it should make some more sense now

errr no :oops:

Original Poster Banned

wolf359;2947821

he works for dell. he's warning us that their price is going up

Half right :thumbsup:

sassie;2947830

errr no :oops:

Sassie, we are being advised by Vendors that most items will go up in prices (I work with IT industry remember) and just thought if someone is thinking of making a purchase here on HUKD it would probably save them some money if they do it before Monday :-D

Banned

Dell_in_the_bed;2947844

Half right :thumbsup:Sassie, we are being advised by Vendors that most … Half right :thumbsup:Sassie, we are being advised by Vendors that most items will go up in prices (I work with IT industry remember) and just thought if someone is thinking of making a purchase here on HUKD it would probably save them some money if they do it before Monday :-D

like a dell laptop you mean?

Original Poster Banned

sassie;2947852

like a dell laptop you mean?

Not necessarily, Dell will be least affected by this ....

I am NOT saying this WILL happen but this is the first time in the last four years that we have received an email to say that prices will be reviewed and possibly increased for some manf on Monday and the rest will follow within 10-15 working days

Banned

well if you dont bleedin tell us what it is then how we supposed to chuffin buy it - lol

Dell you need to be a bit more specific with your info

Original Poster Banned

sassie;2947879

well if you dont bleedin tell us what it is then how we supposed to … well if you dont bleedin tell us what it is then how we supposed to chuffin buy it - lol

loupomm;2947891

Dell you need to be a bit more specific with your info

hmmm IT hardware (that includes everything specifically laptops, monitors and hard drives) will see a price hike of 5-15% over the next 3 weeks starting from Monday .... THis is all information I have right now and I cannot be more speicific than that

WHEN I GET FRIGHTEND I HIDE AT THE BACK OF SASSIE AND NOW YOU ALL KNOW WHY LOL:p
    I MAY BE A RAPTOR BUT THIS T-REX CAN CHOMP

Original Poster Banned

raptorcigs;2947914

WHEN I GET FRIGHTEND I HIDE AT THE BACK OF SASSIE AND NOW YOU ALL KNOW … WHEN I GET FRIGHTEND I HIDE AT THE BACK OF SASSIE AND NOW YOU ALL KNOW WHY LOL:p

Let me know if there is some space left for me

Im assume 'manf' refers to Manufacturer?

birdyboyuk;2947953

Im assume 'manf' refers to Manufacturer?

i assume you assume correctly :-D

Original Poster Banned

Yes .... loup..... me off to get some sleep now 2320 local time .... you lot have fun and sleep tight

Not seen many IT components made in the usa for some 20yrs now, maybe china, taiwan, in fact anywhere far east, sad fact of life but everything is going up and has been for a while so no real news there lol

maddogb;2949711

Not seen many IT components made in the usa for some 20yrs now, maybe … Not seen many IT components made in the usa for some 20yrs now, maybe china, taiwan, in fact anywhere far east, sad fact of life but everything is going up and has been for a while so no real news there lol

Yeah, not quite sure which hardware is made in the US now. I know of a few enthusiast items that are made in Germany but other than that most stuff comes from where you said Maddogb. Any chance you can be a little more specific Dell?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Amazon Italy Galaxy S8 UK12
      2. Argos 3 for 2 reserving early44
      3. DashCam Recommendation With Front And Rear Camera Built In22
      4. £1500 55 inch 4K TV56

See more discussions