Groups

Urgent pc help!

I war fiddling around in bios because I had graphic problems and I changed 'video adaptor' to intergrated (onboard) from usual pci and I restarted the computer and the pc wont recgonise my monitor now! What can I do! Thanks. P.s im on my fone

18 Comments

clear CMOS and itll revert back

Original Poster

Yeh but how can I? I cant see the screen as it wont connect to pc.

think u,ll find once you,ve changed the bios settings for the monitor you,ve had it,got a feeling a new monitor might be needed

kiwinator;8153924

Yeh but how can I? I cant see the screen as it wont connect to pc.

ur mother board wont reconise the monitor now u,ll have to install a new monitor with drivers

u clear the cmos by removing and replacing a lil jumper on the mobtherboard, the comps isnt on when you do this for ob reasons.

dont listen to the guy talking about needing a new mon after changing the bios setting u did lol

Try connecting to the onboard connection on the back and then you will see!!!!

If its still connected to the other graphics card and you changed it to the O/B graphics of course you aint going to see anything! :whistling:

renagade27

Plug the video cable from the monitor into the video port on the PC and you will be able to get video output. (you may need to remove the PCI video card). You can then go into the BIOS settings and reverse your changes.

The BIOS won't have settings for the monitor only the onboard graphics, chillyyy does not know what he's talking about.

If this doesn't work then do as the other guys said and reset the CMOS, either by moving/removing a jumper by the battery (looks like a small coin) or removing the battery when powered off

Agree with above 2 post! Unplug the monitior cable from the back of the pc, and plug it into the other socket that looks exactly the same.
    Hope that helps.

You shouldn't have to clear bios/CMOS at all.

rchan;8154181

Agree with above 2 post! Unplug the monitior cable from the back of the … Agree with above 2 post! Unplug the monitior cable from the back of the pc, and plug it into the other socket that looks exactly the same.Hope that helps.

Yeah, Then go back into bios and switch O/B video of or disabled.....then .F10 and save then reconnect to the[SIZE="7"] other [/SIZE]graphics card connection and restart.................have the driver disk ready for the graphics card............install drivers if asked .................that's it! Should work fine.

you don't need to do much else

renagade27

Eez1;8153991

u clear the cmos by removing and replacing a lil jumper on the … u clear the cmos by removing and replacing a lil jumper on the mobtherboard, the comps isnt on when you do this for ob reasons. dont listen to the guy talking about needing a new mon after changing the bios setting u did lol

this is correct reset the bios jumper on the mother board SORTED no need for a new moniter

tallpete33;8154073

Plug the video cable from the monitor into the video port on the PC and … Plug the video cable from the monitor into the video port on the PC and you will be able to get video output. (you may need to remove the PCI video card). You can then go into the BIOS settings and reverse your changes. The BIOS won't have settings for the monitor only the onboard graphics, chillyyy does not know what he's talking about. If this doesn't work then do as the other guys said and reset the CMOS, either by moving/removing a jumper by the battery (looks like a small coin) or removing the battery when powered off

+1. No need for drama. Should be simples.

Original Poster

Cheers will try and do it tonight. If it doesnt work I will remove the jumper,just tried another monitor so defo not that. Has anyone got a picture of the jumper so I can make sure it is that? Thanks. Will give u all rep once my pc is back working

Original Poster

Done, it thanks everyone! removed the battery on the motherboard. Couldnt just plug the video adaptor onto another port as all my video output ports are on the same graphics card!

Repped

kiwinator;8159336

Done, it thanks everyone! removed the battery on the motherboard. Couldnt … Done, it thanks everyone! removed the battery on the motherboard. Couldnt just plug the video adaptor onto another port as all my video output ports are on the same graphics card!Repped

Nice one - now stay out of the BIOS !! :-D

Original Poster

Yeh, im normally good sorting stuff out in bios but one wrong click and it goes all tits up! At least it is done now

tallpete33;8160351

Nice one - now stay out of the BIOS !! :-D

Another bumper sticker is born. :thumbsup:

chillyyyy;8153975

ur mother board wont reconise the monitor now u,ll have to install a new … ur mother board wont reconise the monitor now u,ll have to install a new monitor with drivers

i love people who try and help but don't have a single clue what they're on about!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. RIP DOCTOR WHO710
      2. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1218
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?67
      4. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1430

See more discussions