* Urgent Recall * Deadly Batteries found inside Co-op's Easter Bunnies

Editor 16 replies
Found 1st Feb
This is just shocking!

A criminal investigation has started and thousands of Easter chocolate bunnies have been recalled by the Co-op.

A single-cell battery was found inside one of the hollow milk chocolate bunnies in Bestwood, Nottingham, on Saturday.

http://i.imgur.com/0AVmj7S.jpg

A Co-op spokesman said: 'The health and safety of our customers is uppermost in our minds. 'We are concerned about one incident of alleged product tampering involving our hollow milk chocolate Easter bunny foil figure, which has been found to contain a small battery inside.

'This follows an incident at Christmas when two similar products were targeted and contaminated. The same chain ordered a recall of hollow chocolate Santa figures just before Christmas following two similar incidents The same chain ordered a recall of hollow chocolate Santa figures just before Christmas following two similar incidents '

As a precaution, we have begun a UK-wide product recall and have withdrawn the product from sale. 'Customers with one of these products should not eat it but take the product back to store for a full refund.

Source of info

16 Comments

Thx for letting me know

Wow! Once is bad, but twice!? oO

Does this affect the Ann Summer rabbits aswell?

Bal00chi

​Will put a bit of fizz back into your love life

The Duracell (easter) Bunny

Bal00chi

Think they're meant to have batteries inside!

Bal00chi

They have wind-up mechanisms.

chuckiedoll

Wow! Once is bad, but twice!? oO

Somebody is doing this, presumably trying to blackmail money out of them. I doubt that ever works any more and it's deservedly serious jail time.

Are these energizer bunnies??

The person who did this should be jailed for life or made to eat the batteries that were put in!! I am making my own Easter eggs...

Someone doesn't like the co-op

Yay, a free battery with every chocolate bunny.

caverncity

odd though it looked familiar … odd though it looked familiar https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/business/2016/dec/23/co-op-recalls-chocolate-santas-after-batteries-found-in-two-of-them

lots of cheap brands do this to save money - they just have different wrappers
the chocolate is of the worst quality
save your money and buy a decent bar of lindt or the like

"DEADLY" batteries LoL. What makes these any more deadly than any other battery??? Concerning yes. But deadly? Get a grip.

I think they are saying 'deadly' due to the fact that if a small button/lithium battery is ingested it can have devastating consequences including death, a child does not know not to put things in their mouths. Particularly lithium coin batterys, if one gets stuck in the throat or gullet, energy from the battery can make the body create caustic soda (the chemical used to unblock drains!).
This can burn a hole through the throat and lead to serious internal bleeding and death.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Advice on claiming from Salford Council pot hole damage33
    2. Christmas presents22
    3. active noise cancelling headphones43
    4. Switch from BT to BT same property different person628

See more discussions