Groups

Urgent recipe help needed - barley malt syrup subsitute

We're baking our wedding cake, and we need 1 pint of barley malt syrup but can't get the blasted stuff anywhere. Is there anything we can use as a substitute?

13 Comments

is it an american recipe?

goodnessdirect.co.uk/cgi…tml
    will deliver
    imo i dont think there is similar as it says it isnt so sweet so i dont think you can use regular syrup..

oops changed link as was wrong.

i would be looking at another recipe if i was you-unless you can get profesional help! or maybe try a small cake first? its your wedding after all and i would be afraid to make a mistake

ethicalsuperstore.com/pro…0g/
    and id echo what louloo says either get the exact products or find new recipe. You dont wanna be stressing what ya cake gonna ytaste like

Original Poster

It's the hairy baker's recipe, and yeah, I have suggested a different recipe but for some reason h2b is insisting on this one even though it's the only one we can't get all the bleeding ingredients for!
    We have got a bottom tier made from a different recipe, and it's nice, for some reason he wants to try something different now :roll: anyway, I'll order it from goodnessdirect and get it delivered, ta very much xxx

tessb;3017178

It's the hairy baker's recipe, and yeah, I have suggested a different … It's the hairy baker's recipe, and yeah, I have suggested a different recipe but for some reason h2b is insisting on this one even though it's the only one we can't get all the bleeding ingredients for!We have got a bottom tier made from a different recipe, and it's nice, for some reason he wants to try something different now :roll: anyway, I'll order it from goodnessdirect and get it delivered, ta very much xxx

let us know how you get on?
    men eh-what do they know? you can always pick another recipe and another h2b:w00t:

Original Poster

The best one ever was the carrot cake, but it was too nice so we ate it lol.
    We're running out of time to try new recipes, the wedding's in 2 months so the cake needs to be made now or it won't have enough time to mature. I've tried out enough h2bs :w00t: I'll stick with this one :thumbsup:

Hi hun, I buy it as its good for diabetics. It's cheapest online at ]Simplyfair if you haven't got a health food shop near you. This is a mix of corn and barley malt but does the same job. Also good if you have hyperactive children as its a natural slow release sugar substitute.

Original Poster

Oh, never thought of trying a health food shop, I wonder if Holland and Barrett would stock it? Thanks

hi i get my malt syrup from a health shop for making my own malt loaf, they have it all the time

They may do, I get a lot of gluten free foods and jams from them when in the sale but they don't show on their website.

Hi
    I Found Barley malt syrup and brown rice syrup in a shop called Ginger & Spice in Corsham Wilts.

Hope this helps
    Dave (Bristol)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047101
      2. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941344
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767216
      4. Nintendo Ships Every Switch With a Hidden NES Emulator35

See more discussions