Groups
    EXPIRED

Urgently need Laptop Ram Max 2gb = 2 X 1GB DDR PC2700

i've been doing a bit of upgrading to my laptop as bits n peices are going with time im currently only running 512mb, according to crucials website the max ram per slot is 1GB. so 2 X 1GB.

It doesn't support dual channel memory.
    and doesn't support ECC memory.

Ive prices and its a shame because DDR2 ram is cheap as chips but DDR 2700 costs quite a bit around £30 per 1GB.

The example Crucial gives on their site is "1GB, 200-pin SODIMM, DDR PC2700 memory module" only problem is that costs £50 per 1GB

Remember max support per slot is 1GB hence 2 X 1GB, a 2GB card would be no good.

5 Comments

I would try Ebay.co.uk or ebuyer.co.uk , both you can pick ram up for pretty cheap, hope this helps

Original Poster

Ebay keeps showin listings with speeds my ram doesn't support with sellers keyword spamming saying PC2700 PC3100 etc when they're selling something bigger which isn't supported.

Im having probs with ebuyer looking for the ram i need plus they charge £10.99 postage to northern ireland.

Is this the one at ]Novatech?

Your difficulty is that this is "old" spec [technologically speaking!] and is not being manufactured in huge quantities as is DDR2 :-(

Original Poster

Diodorus-siculus;1386295

Is this the one at ]Novatech?Your difficulty is that this is "old" spec … Is this the one at ]Novatech?Your difficulty is that this is "old" spec [technologically speaking!] and is not being manufactured in huge quantities as is DDR2 :-(_____________________Be good, Dio :thumbsup:

i think that one is different from what im looking for its getting me confused as i don't want to buy the wrong type and i've bought and fitted for the desktop pc before and never had a problem like this one ]Crucial?

Banned

I Got An Old 256 Pc2700 Cl2.5 Samsung Chip
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Looking for a phone12
      2. Iphone/ipad external storage23
      3. Can you machine wash wool suit trousers that state "dry clean only"?88
      4. Has anyone bought fitted wardrobes from Sharps?23

See more discussions