US 'Amazon teamed' website

6 replies
Found 25th Jan 2010
I've seen a table on Google that I want to buy but it's through an American website.

The website itself says 'Teamed with Amazon' and it gives me the chance to log in using my UK Amazon details and pay through Amazon (checkout is the same and it says covered by the Amazon A-Z buying thingy).

When I go all the way through checkout there is no delivery charge, even though I've selected my UK address so now I'm wary about ordering in case there will be problems later on.

Anyone ever ordered like this before? I would be using a credit card to buy so I'd be covered that way if anything went awry!

6 Comments

Most likely you will be hit with Custom charges and this could add a fair few bob to the overall cost!

Original Poster

exStudent;7652030

Most likely you will be hit with Custom charges and this could add a fair … Most likely you will be hit with Custom charges and this could add a fair few bob to the overall cost!

I was wondering that too.

The table is a console table and for some reason they're really expensive even though there's not much to them lol. This one works out at £31 which is miles cheaper than across here.

spider1986;7652041

I was wondering that too.The table is a console table and for some reason … I was wondering that too.The table is a console table and for some reason they're really expensive even though there's not much to them lol. This one works out at £31 which is miles cheaper than across here.

Hmm if it's £31 then factoring in the 17.5% VAT that will be about £5.43 for vat charge. What's the site that you saw?

Original Poster

exStudent;7652076

Hmm if it's £31 then factoring in the 17.5% VAT that will be about £5.43 f … Hmm if it's £31 then factoring in the 17.5% VAT that will be about £5.43 for vat charge.

Which still works out cheaper than the £100-£200 equivalents here.

I'm just worried that there doesn't seem to be a delivery charge which surely there must be considering it's international postage. It seems to good to be true lol.

Check from the site if they deliver to the UK, it might be the case that they only deliver within the USA. Otherwise there most def should be a delivery cost.

Original Poster

exStudent;7652132

Check from the site if they deliver to the UK, it might be the case that … Check from the site if they deliver to the UK, it might be the case that they only deliver within the USA. Otherwise there most def should be a delivery cost.

There's nothing on the site about delivery, UK or US.

At the final stage of the Amazon checkout it says the total and no delivery charge. I think I'm going to leave it and keep looking across here. It might end up being too much hassle than it's worth!

Thanks for your help, rep left :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition56529
    2. Free money and competition entry @ Circle56
    3. Free flights to Europe712
    4. Free Soap & Glory Bath Bomb (High Score)44

See more discussions