U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force

Top comments
Trump is right and needs to destory any bomb making facilities. This has been going on for ages and only since trump took power have they been under threat.
No one was in an uproar when nk flex their missile launches.

NK needs to be dealt with quickly
Edited by: "----" 23rd Sep 2017
Poor kim Jong Un ... A delightful dictator. Executes at leisure, starves his people, threatens neighbors with bombs and total annihilation, can't someone give him a break?
Destard13 m ago

Why didn't the US go all militant like this when India and Pakistan did …Why didn't the US go all militant like this when India and Pakistan did their nuclear tests and became nuclear powers?

Because they control them.
With this and now the Asda delivery issues the world finally has gone mad.
50 Comments
Trump is right and needs to destory any bomb making facilities. This has been going on for ages and only since trump took power have they been under threat.
No one was in an uproar when nk flex their missile launches.

NK needs to be dealt with quickly
Edited by: "----" 23rd Sep 2017
We just need Elton Jong Un to sing “Rocket Man” and it will be the end of everything.
Predikuesi3 m ago

We just need Elton Jong Un to sing “Rocket Man” and it will be the end of e …We just need Elton Jong Un to sing “Rocket Man” and it will be the end of everything.

...except threads like this.
32073197-5ltdS.jpg
Apparently there has been an earthquake near North Korea’s Nuclear Facility also.
theguardian.com/wor…est
Poor kim Jong Un ... A delightful dictator. Executes at leisure, starves his people, threatens neighbors with bombs and total annihilation, can't someone give him a break?
Original Poster
JimBobJr53 m ago

Trump is right and needs to destory any bomb making facilities. This has …Trump is right and needs to destory any bomb making facilities. This has been going on for ages and only since trump took before have they been under threat.No one was in an uproar when nk flex their missile launches. NK needs to be dealt with quickly

So what do you think the reaction of China would be
They're all bad as each other.
Why didn't the US go all militant like this when India and Pakistan did their nuclear tests and became nuclear powers?
Destard12 m ago

Why didn't the US go all militant like this when India and Pakistan did …Why didn't the US go all militant like this when India and Pakistan did their nuclear tests and became nuclear powers?

Probably due to Kim's openness
Destard13 m ago

Because they control them.
I get a feeling that as tension rises at this rate, suddenly markets press panic buttons and we are in a global recession with negative equity and a global re-adjustment of trade.

I think on HOTUKDEALs we may as well be more productive, to discuss how to save cash in event of recession rather than discuss madmen.
Edited by: "splender" 23rd Sep 2017
Kim is right. That dotard is going to start something that we will all regret.
splender20 m ago

I get a feeling that as tension rises at this rate, suddenly markets press …I get a feeling that as tension rises at this rate, suddenly markets press panic buttons and we are in a global recession with negative equity and a global re-adjustment of trade.I think on HOTUKDEALs we may as well be more productive, to discuss how to save cash in event of recession rather than discuss madmen.

Well we hope that we may as well be productivity.
JimBobJr3 h, 2 m ago

Trump is right and needs to destory any bomb making facilities. This has …Trump is right and needs to destory any bomb making facilities. This has been going on for ages and only since trump took power have they been under threat.No one was in an uproar when nk flex their missile launches. NK needs to be dealt with quickly

Sir, your trolling is too obvious.
Edited by: "RedLozzer" 23rd Sep 2017
North Korea have a nuclear weapon. They will have a nuclear weapon in 20 years time. They will never use it as it's not in their interest to do so.
Destard2 h, 18 m ago

because them 2 are a much bigger and stronger nations than NK
The dotard hasn't got a clue what he's doing
RedLozzer9 h, 30 m ago

North Korea have a nuclear weapon. They will have a nuclear weapon in 20 …North Korea have a nuclear weapon. They will have a nuclear weapon in 20 years time. They will never use it as it's not in their interest to do so.

This is assuming that the people in charge in NK are rational. I'm not exactly convinced.
32075531-lfCkg.jpg
Segata-Sanshiro2 h, 39 m ago

The dotard hasn't got a clue what he's doing

radium12 h, 0 m ago

Kim is right. That dotard is going to start something that we will all …Kim is right. That dotard is going to start something that we will all regret.

32075979-ZXrUZ.jpg
OllieSt13 h, 27 m ago

So what do you think the reaction of China would be

Two opposite sides with alliance partners, each side guaranteeing attack on one is an attack on all alliance partners, there will be a lot of ash, not to forget Russia as they are in alliance too.
RedLozzer11 h, 48 m ago

North Korea have a nuclear weapon. They will have a nuclear weapon in 20 …North Korea have a nuclear weapon. They will have a nuclear weapon in 20 years time. They will never use it as it's not in their interest to do so.

All nuclear weapons will be used eventually, the mutual assured destruction is not 100%. The decision to do it is when a party has enough nuclear free bunkers or living space (on earth or beyond), and engineering capacity to clean up afterwards. Hermatically sealed towns with total sufficiency to maintain life in the deep mountains already exist.

There is maths calculated on how many nuclear explosions the total atmosphere could disperse so radioactivity is within a certain "safe" level. Let's hope that's better calculated than that for Grenfell.

A good handyman with an unused hammer in his hand looks for nails to strike.
Edited by: "splender" 24th Sep 2017
splender1 h, 19 m ago

All nuclear weapons will be used eventually, the mutual assured …All nuclear weapons will be used eventually, the mutual assured destruction is not 100%. The decision to do it is when a party has enough nuclear free bunkers or living space (on earth or beyond), and engineering capacity to clean up afterwards. Hermatically sealed towns with total sufficiency to maintain life in the deep mountains already exist.There is maths calculated on how many nuclear explosions the total atmosphere could disperse so radioactivity is within a certain "safe" level. Let's hope that's better calculated than that for Grenfell.A good handyman with an unused hammer in his hand looks for nails to strike.

There is maths calculated

You can create a mathematical model for anything, assuming you have the mathematical ability. You could even generate a model to predict how many posts into a totally unconnected thread it would take for somebody to bring up Grenfell.
qbs1 h, 14 m ago

There is maths calculatedYou can create a mathematical model for anything, …There is maths calculatedYou can create a mathematical model for anything, assuming you have the mathematical ability. You could even generate a model to predict how many posts into a totally unconnected thread it would take for somebody to bring up Grenfell.

There is no maths model for this. It is 100%. It is the nation's favourite management style, do it like "that-someone-else's-problem" until Grenfell became a substitute name.
These names are very neat way to quickly describe management styles, others are Baby P, Mid-staffs, Hillsborough, Saville..which I and others also use but the Grenfell one is the most topical, hot on the news. Before the foregoing names came to the lips of people, nobody could identify any connection of possible future events to management behaviour and style which ultimate led to the aforementioned events. It is this connection that you fail to see.
Let me outline a typical lesson learned (to demo this connection in management style):
1. There is a product
2. It blows up or not supposed to blow up in your face
3. There is a maths model, simulation, test, and/or specification for use
4. It is safe to use it within limits, these limits with criteria are not completely understood
5. There are other alternative products with other better properties
6. Management selects it nevertheless after weighing up the pros and cons but it has to come below budget or meet certain political objective or social strategy; and note this very important bit, there is no Chief Engineer veto.
7. Then it blows up and outsiders and experts wonder "it-is-so-bleeding-obvious"; the point 3 modelling and spec. would never apply to the real thing
8. that's where we are with Grenfell now ( and thousands of similar scenarios and lessons learnt in the past)

Now, qbs, do you see this common pervasive connection? Another way to look at this is it is a brand name, the moment I say, a new airline is like Ryanair, a coach service is like Ryanair, quality like Harrods, John Lewis..you will instantly know the management style to the product/service.
Edited by: "splender" 24th Sep 2017
Original Poster
splender1 h, 58 m ago

Two opposite sides with alliance partners, each side guaranteeing attack …Two opposite sides with alliance partners, each side guaranteeing attack on one is an attack on all alliance partners, there will be a lot of ash, not to forget Russia as they are in alliance too.

I don't think it's like that. My understanding is that any kind of attack on North Korea will lead to regime change with mass exodus across the Chinese border. I think that's the main Chinese grievance. US boots on the ground would be a whole different ballgame.
danmc1 h, 52 m ago

32077417-cb4Yf.jpg

Wtf? I thought you'd croaked it

Nice to see you, hope you're ok
splender1 h, 8 m ago

There is no maths model for this. It is 100%. It is the nation's favourite …There is no maths model for this. It is 100%. It is the nation's favourite management style, do it like "that-someone-else's-problem" until Grenfell became a substitute name.These names are very neat way to quickly describe management styles, others are Baby P, Mid-staffs, Hillsborough, Saville..which I and others also use but the Grenfell one is the most topical, hot on the news. Before the foregoing names came to the lips of people, nobody could identify any connection of possible future events to management behaviour and style which ultimate led to the aforementioned events. It is this connection that you fail to see.Let me outline a typical lesson learned (to demo this connection in management style):1. There is a product2. It blows up or not supposed to blow up in your face3. There is a maths model, simulation, test, and/or specification for use4. It is safe to use it within limits, these limits with criteria are not completely understood5. There are other alternative products with other better properties 6. Management selects it nevertheless after weighing up the pros and cons but it has to come below budget or meet certain political objective or social strategy; and note this very important bit, there is no Chief Engineer veto.7. Then it blows up and outsiders and experts wonder "it-is-so-bleeding-obvious"; the point 3 modelling and spec. would never apply to the real thing 8. that's where we are with Grenfell now ( and thousands of similar scenarios and lessons learnt in the past)Now, qbs, do you see this common pervasive connection? Another way to look at this is it is a brand name, the moment I say, a new airline is like Ryanair, a coach service is like Ryanair, quality like Harrods, John Lewis..you will instantly know the management style to the product/service.

What a load of cobblers.
qbs42 m ago

What a load of cobblers.

You are now a marked man with cobblers.
Lets just hope that Kim doesn't get a terminal illness.

Reality is, They should send the SAS in to obliterate his ass.
splender2 h, 0 m ago

You are now a marked man with cobblers.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!
splender7 h, 27 m ago

All nuclear weapons will be used eventually, the mutual assured …All nuclear weapons will be used eventually, the mutual assured destruction is not 100%. The decision to do it is when a party has enough nuclear free bunkers or living space (on earth or beyond), and engineering capacity to clean up afterwards. Hermatically sealed towns with total sufficiency to maintain life in the deep mountains already exist.There is maths calculated on how many nuclear explosions the total atmosphere could disperse so radioactivity is within a certain "safe" level. Let's hope that's better calculated than that for Grenfell.A good handyman with an unused hammer in his hand looks for nails to strike.

Nonsense.
copperspock9 h, 22 m ago

This is assuming that the people in charge in NK are rational. I'm not …This is assuming that the people in charge in NK are rational. I'm not exactly convinced.

They are rational.
RedLozzer2 h, 43 m ago

They are rational.

Saying they are so doesn't make it any more convincing, especially considering things like the 'Eternal General Secretary' of the Worker's Part of Korea is a man who has been dead for 6 years..
There's a good chance he might put the nuclear device on one of his rockets that only goes up twenty feet then comes back down,is this what Trump is waiting for?
I'm still unsure what the USA would hope to gain out of this as they seem to be selective about which countries they attack, outside those that threaten their Israeli buddies.
Original Poster
Destard8 m ago

I'm still unsure what the USA would hope to gain out of this as they seem …I'm still unsure what the USA would hope to gain out of this as they seem to be selective about which countries they attack, outside those that threaten their Israeli buddies.

Without the continual concerns about North Korea there would be no need for the US to be in the area. That's it.

Some say that the US stands in the way of better relations between North Korea and South Korea

In a nutshell it allows about 75,000 US personnel to be in the vicinity of both China and Russia on an Eastern front. I doubt Trump knows or care about this
Destard11 m ago

I'm still unsure what the USA would hope to gain out of this as they seem …I'm still unsure what the USA would hope to gain out of this as they seem to be selective about which countries they attack, outside those that threaten their Israeli buddies.

Am I identifying an anti-Israel bias, Destard? It would answer many questions, but generate so many more. Rather illuminating.
honestly just ignore it and get on with your life, it will never effect you, unless the US does attack NK then send in troops or proxy through SK, in which case the regime may launch a nuke in its death throws.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants