Groups

US daredevil Evel Knievel dies...

4 Comments

Legendary US daredevil Evel Knievel has died at the age of 69, his granddaughter has said.

Knievel had suffered ill-health, including diabetes and pulmonary fibrosis - an incurable lung condition - for several years.

He underwent a liver transplant, after nearly dying of hepatitis C, in 1999.

Knievel gained cult status performing death-defying stunts in the 1960s and 70s, including an attempted motorcycle jump over Snake River Canyon in Idaho.

He regularly drew huge crowds when he attempted to jump over rows of parked vehicles with his motorbike.

By the time he retired in 1980 Knievel had broken nearly 40 bones.

i thought he died ages ago?

hocka

i thought he died ages ago?

Thinking of Barry Sheene maybe?

dunno - just thought that he wasnt alive, thought he died in a crash years ago, mind you, i didnt really know anything about him, it is more my husband that liked him!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767526
      2. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4691434
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047199
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!563840

See more discussions