Expired

US dollars $

Found 23rd Sep 2007
Need to exchange some £UK to $US for when am in San Francisco at Xmas / New Year. Saw on here somewhere a while back about a place that gives better rates if you buy in advance, but can't seem to find it now... Any ideas??

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
8 Comments

I know Marks and Spencers can be really good.

Original Poster

they do a lovely line in slacks.....

I know a place that will do $8 to the pound. Freshly printed in front of you, no less!

Doesn't that travel money services look a bit suss? "I'll send you my £1000, send me the dollars in a couple of months!" or does it not work like that?

Original Poster

billyX

I know a place that will do $8 to the pound. Freshly printed in front of … I know a place that will do $8 to the pound. Freshly printed in front of you, no less!Doesn't that travel money services look a bit suss? "I'll send you my £1000, send me the dollars in a couple of months!" or does it not work like that?

that's supposedly how it works... think i'm going to stick to travelex or pretend i'm a nana and get them from saga....

Try crown currencies. I got the best deal last month from them. Everyone else was paying 1.95-1.96 and they paid 1.98. Though difference was only $20 for £500 money, it was still an extra $20 for me. You really need to apply 2 weeks in advance for the money to be delivered on time for you. You can google for their website.

currency-express.com/cur…ss/
These are the best at the moment. If you want more than £300. Free next day delivery. No commision.
This was found through MSE.

Travelex offer to match a better rate if you can find it and you can collect at the airport. Use the online service though the rates at the airport are rubbish.

If you have a nationwide credit/debit card no commission charge and a better rate than you can get anywhere. The debit card also lets you withdraw money from a cash machine as well without commission at the same good rate. The credit card will start charging for cash withdrawals only from mid october.
Post a comment
@
    Text