US Macbook Pro, need new power supply or just a travel adaptor for UK use?

7 replies
Found 18th Jul 2014
We plan to bring back 2 macbook pro's from our holiday to the US this year, however I wanted to check if I need to buy a replacement UK power pack for both or will a travel adaptor do, or, is it just a USB plug like the iphone/ipad so just need one of these?
Thanks in advance.


The UK power blocks are 110/230 volt, so i would assume the US blocks are the same. Therefore all you should need when you get back is a 3 pin UK figure 8 lead (in white, if you're a perfectionist).

I can confirm that the power blocks are 100/230, as I have two Macbook Pro's at home, both from the states. You can use a standard UK Figure 8 power lead into the power blocks.

you could just chop the plug off and put on a uk plug.

Original Poster

thanks guys, appreciate the quick responses and information

Hi does it work out a lot cheaper getting them in the US ?

Original Poster

getting the 15-inch: 2.3GHz mac pro and a 13-inch : 128GB mac air for less than the price of the mac pro here.
Crazy really
Post a comment
    Top Discussions
    1. Driving anxiety.66
    2. Is this laptop any good22
    3. 43 inch 4k tv that is uhd 10bit511
    4. Do I need a gigabit switch or will 10/100mbps be sufficient33

    See more discussions