Expired

US Playstation Plus on UK Account?

Found 21st Dec 2013
So I just noticed my PS+ sub expires 27th Dec. I can't really seem to find any 'deals' anywhere on renewing my subscription in time for getting my PS4 in a couple days. The 12 month Playstation Plus sub from Amazon.com work out at £30 - Not a bad price! The code is delivered instantly via Amazon, so no delivery issues. My question is - Will a 'US Playstation Plus' subscription key work on a UK account that has a currently active (for less than a week...) UK Playstation Plus subscription?

Don't want to potentially risk wasting £30 for the sake of saving £10.
Community Updates
8 Comments
I don't think it does, I was going to do similar for dlc battlefield 4 premium worked out at 30 quid plus I have an amazon voucher so would have made it 20

apparently when you sign in lately it offers you 12 months at 30 quid which has **** me off cos I paid 40 a week ago (forgot about cdkeys) cdkeys.com usually do it at a good price

but to answer your question I honestly don't know but I very much doubt it
I'm afraid OP it will not. US PS Plus codes will only activate on US PSN accounts. If you are able to, hold off and see if there are any deals on PS Plus over the course of the Christmas period.
Original Poster
Cheers fellas, I appreciate it. Happy to wait but my sub runs out 27th Dec and with all the stuff I've managed to get free the past 12 months through PS+, I don't want to risk losing it (all the free games etc cease to work when PS+ expires?) so if anything shows up before then on the PS+ 12 days of xmas, awesome.

@nitr0genics - CDKeys was first place I checked but they're sold out. Have been a few days :-(
woohoomoo

Cheers fellas, I appreciate it. Happy to wait but my sub runs out 27th … Cheers fellas, I appreciate it. Happy to wait but my sub runs out 27th Dec and with all the stuff I've managed to get free the past 12 months through PS+, I don't want to risk losing it (all the free games etc cease to work when PS+ expires?) so if anything shows up before then on the PS+ 12 days of xmas, awesome.@nitr0genics - CDKeys was first place I checked but they're sold out. Have been a few days :-(

I keep reading on here that HMV do 1 year PS+ for £29.99 if you can find a copy. Have you got a local store to check out?
mld81

I'm afraid OP it will not. US PS Plus codes will only activate on US PSN … I'm afraid OP it will not. US PS Plus codes will only activate on US PSN accounts. If you are able to, hold off and see if there are any deals on PS Plus over the course of the Christmas period.

hi do you know if this goes for ps3 game downloads on amazon.com as well.
ndksamb

Yeah. Anyway I recommend to have at least a second account as US since US PSN prices are much cheaper than UK.
ndksamb

PS3 game downloads work fine from Amazon.com, as they work fine from the US store in general. If op wanted he could buy and use a US ps plus sub, which would give him all of the US updates rather than the UK ones. That wouldn't be an issue. Only thing is if you have a PS4 and use the PS4 content on more than one system that would be an issue as it can only be used by other accounts on one PS4 (primary).
Actually the answers to this question are slightly confusing as a US ps plus sub does in a way work on a UK account.

The US account would have the ps plus sub, download all the content and get all the discounts from the US store and be eligible for ps4 multiplayer.

If that account was registered as a primary account on a ps4, (or just as a sub account on ps3) the UK account would be able to use all the ps plus content and benefit from the US accounts ps plus sub to play online.

On ps4 this would work for one system, on ps3 it would work for two.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants