Groups

US to demand 72hrs notice for British tourists

British visitors to the United States will have to register their trip with the American government 72 hours before they leave under new plans.

Full article: telegraph.co.uk/new…tml

15 Comments

ridiculous, so no last minute getaways then, bit silly really!

that will be an inconvenience, but I can't help but think it's not a bad idea, it is so stupid that immigration officers at port of entry are expected to keep the wrong people out while we all queue up behind...

Banned

I used to want to go to America but after all the horror stories I've heard I've been put off. Guy at work will last name Smith got pulled and strip searched for having a name of a drug baron or something lol

fair enough i think.....we should have it too

ciaozammer;2234888

that will be an inconvenience, but I can't help but think it's not a bad … that will be an inconvenience, but I can't help but think it's not a bad idea

it would be a good idea if europe did the same, ie US citizens needing to register 3 days before they arrive, taking fingerprints, photos, being hammered by immigration officers with stupid questions etc.

Banned

schaf;2234918

it would be a good idea if europe did the same, ie US citizens needing to … it would be a good idea if europe did the same, ie US citizens needing to register 3 days before they arrive, taking fingerprints, photos, being hammered by immigration officers with stupid questions etc.

then again, US tourists are a godsend to the uk tourism industry. i think this is great as the more money we can stop the US getting hold of can only be a good thing to the world in general. I think they spend more on warfare than the whole UK gross domestic product each year :w00t:

I certainly wont be putting the US in my top 10 places to visit.

well the US is still a great country to visit.

Banned

ciaozammer;2235037

well the US is still a great country to visit.

Would you say that after a strip search ;-)

Banned

csiman;2235081

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/6523/bxp154773fg5.jpg

Banned

vixygwim;2235136

I'll get my coat! I'm off to the pub.................................:-D

csiman;2235081

hehe, they are a bit paranoid aren't they

Banned

ciaozammer;2235191

hehe, they are a bit paranoid aren't they

Actually, I dont think the population over there is in general.

its just like over here in that the governments want to hype up things so a mass hysteria takes over and then we obligingly accept all manner of taxation, surveillance, id cards, 42 detention without trial.................................

Banned

Who wants to go to the USA anyway? I have no burning desire to go anytime soon, got the whole other hemisphere to consider.

vixygwim;2235296

Who wants to go to the USA anyway? I have no burning desire to go anytime … Who wants to go to the USA anyway? I have no burning desire to go anytime soon, got the whole other hemisphere to consider.

I love the US cheaper fuel :-D lol

Banned

God Bless America
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Free minion usb stick77
      2. Tv choice magazine Issue 391313
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2020

See more discussions