Groups
    EXPIRED

US to UK Plug Power Adapter

Just wondering if they sell these in Poundland/Pound City?

I just want to plug that in the socket: http://progshop.com/photos/power_supply_us.jpg

14 Comments

What are you trying to connect ?

If it's anything more powerful than a hairdryer then you'll need a stepdown transformer.

Original Poster

Maha AC Power Supply

Input ~ AC 100-240V 50/60Hz 1.1A
    Output DC 12V 2.0A

I think you should probably use a stepdown with that.

Original Poster

Why would I need a stepdown? The adapter uses 100-240V.

That's quite an output, is it a big gadget?
    This will/should do the job:-
    ]http//ww…m12
    £3.49 from Maplin.

you wont need a step down/up adapter, just use a Shaver adapter, they are only 75p @ Sainsbury's. (there you go, even cheaper than poundland) :thumbsup:

TinoP

you wont need a step down/up adapter, just use a Shaver adapter, they are … you wont need a step down/up adapter, just use a Shaver adapter, they are only 75p @ Sainsbury's. (there you go, even cheaper than poundland) :thumbsup:

Shaver plugs are round, this adaptor has flat different shaped plugs. It will not fit in a shaver adaptor.
    I've never seen a US to UK plug in Poundland, sorry but I'd stick to the Maplin item.

Dude,
    I lived in the US and brought in a lot of my stuff when we moved here.
    The plug for shaver would fit. the adapter can fit in round and the US plug (except the one with ground) - 3 plugs.

TinoP

Dude, I lived in the US and brought in a lot of my stuff when we moved … Dude, I lived in the US and brought in a lot of my stuff when we moved here. The plug for shaver would fit. the adapter can fit in round and the US plug (except the one with ground) - 3 plugs.

Dude
    I apologise, seems you are right. I just tried a US plug and it does fit in a UK shaver plug.

Who said you can't fit a sqare peg in a round hole?

Original Poster

I have one shaver adapter, but its fuse is only 1A (1000mA) and the charger needs more. Normal plugs are around 13A. Any idea how many amperes these in Tesco are?

I suspect you are looking for something like this ]http//ww…KNC.

Unfortunately Amazon marketplace is heavy on the shipping fees so it isn't a bargain.

Cant you just change the fuse to 13A? i think the only reason these are fitted with 1A is because thats all shavers need

Original Poster

]PeterN - this is exactly what I'm looking for. Anyway I'll get one from Ebay.

]mshtel - the size is different. 1A Fuse is smaller I already have one shaver adapter at home

Thank you everyone.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Potential upcoming Argos glitch or buggy app?109
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851337
      3. Vegan (Non-Dairy) Ben & Jerrys now launched in UK!1827
      4. Apples new update610

See more discussions