Groups

US to UK Plugs

I've bought a games console from the US and just wondered what adapter I would need to plug into a UK power supply? I know you can buy travel adapters but this is more like something that will be used permanently.

Is there a seller on eBay that sells safe ones? Would appreciate some links.

Thanks

9 Comments

will need to check wattage and get a transformer higher rated than that if its needs us voltage

when I got my ps3 from japan just got a different lead and that was it (its takes 120/240 v)
    first thing you should do determine if the console is multi voltage
    and if so you wont need a transformer
    Edited by: "mattmerch" 14th Feb

bubblegum2910

something like this … something like this http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/maplin-110v-to-230v-300w-voltage-converter-up91y?cmpid=ppc&gclid=COOCwreckNICFUu-7QodXHgN4g

no 240-110=maplin.co.uk/p/2…05f

Original Poster

I thought it was just a case of an adapter to plug it into?

connor7932

no … no 240-110=http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/240v-to-110v-300w-voltage-converter-vr05f

Correct I am wrong, you need 230 to 110

I assume adapter = power supply "brick" or "wall wart"? If you can buy the console in the UK with a standard UK 3-pin plug, it will be highly likely you can buy either an original or aftermarket replacement power supply brick. State the console; get an answer

Because we are 50Hz and they are 60Hz everything will be in slow motion. Also teeth will appear whiter in game.

MIDURIX

Because we are 50Hz and they are 60Hz everything will be in slow motion. … Because we are 50Hz and they are 60Hz everything will be in slow motion. Also teeth will appear whiter in game.

Also teeth will appear whiter in game. X) X) X) X)

superfreddy

I thought it was just a case of an adapter to plug it into?

Not sure why you're being down voted but you could be right depending on the console. It's cheaper now to build a PSU that can take any supply. After all you're just turning AC into DC.
    What console have you bought as this makes a big difference ?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7191353
      2. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2974
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would1629
      4. Whoops SNP...Grenfell style cladding all over Glasgow55

See more discussions