EXPIRED

USA Car hire help please.............drop off charges????

I was lucky enough to get the USA flight deal with expedia.com.au last year and next month i'm off to San Francisco & Los Angeles.

I am planning on spending a few nights in San Fransisco then hiring a car for 4 nights and taking a couple of days to drive down the coast to Los Angeles to spend a couple of nights there.

One problem i'm finding is car hire websites are a bit confusing, some seem to state a cost for not returning the car to the same pick-up point ( £150 - ouch) and some say a charge may be paid locally but do not state a price.

Anyone got any tips / advice / experience on what to do, who to book with, costs etc....

Thanks in advance, any help would be greatly appreciated.

9 Comments

Original Poster

Anyone?

This price table shows no one way charge in California ]http//ww…pdf

Just America's phone number is 08448 806 802

Original Poster

andythebrave;4610359

This price table shows no one way charge in California … This price table shows no one way charge in California ]http://www.justamerica.co.uk/site/cars/alamo-usa2009-rates.pdfJust America's phone number is 08448 806 802

Thanks mate, will have a look, have you used them before?

No sorry, no direct experience, but the end provider is Alamo who I have used before - bog standard hire company.

Banned

[url]www.priceline.com[/url] and you can bid for your own price thats what i have done for 2 hotels and going to do for car hgire

Original Poster

mintynw7;4613808

[url]www.priceline.com[/url] and you can bid for your own price thats … [url]www.priceline.com[/url] and you can bid for your own price thats what i have done for 2 hotels and going to do for car hgire

Thanks mate, will check them out!

Original Poster

mintynw7;4613808

[url]www.priceline.com[/url] and you can bid for your own price thats … [url]www.priceline.com[/url] and you can bid for your own price thats what i have done for 2 hotels and going to do for car hgire

Thanks, but still a bit expensive! any other suggestions?

try netflights.com. i have done one way hire through them on dollar and was not charged anything extra

Original Poster

devssm;4652635

try netflights.com. i have done one way hire through them on dollar and … try netflights.com. i have done one way hire through them on dollar and was not charged anything extra

Thanks for that, I checked them over the weekend, they seem pretty good, also carhire3000, both not bad at all!

Just heard some people book through an agent that says no drop off charge but it changes once they actually get there to get the car!

Just checking everything out first as some drop off charges are $300!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Problem with new double glazed installation11
    2. Wifi extender23
    3. Iptv55
    4. Acer RT280k Monitor refuses to sleep.57

See more discussions