Groups

USA Political Spin Doctoring

AND this is why we call it ***POLITICS* **

Judy Wallman, a professional genealogical researcher, discovered that Hillary Clinton's great-great uncle, Remus Rodham, was hanged for horse stealing and train robbery in Montana in 1889.

The only known photograph of Remus shows him standing on the gallows. On the back of the picture is this inscription: 'Remus Rodham; horse thief, sent to Montana Territorial Prison 1883, escaped 1887, robbed the Montana Flyer six times. Caught by Pinkerton detectives, convicted, and hanged in 1889.'

Judy e-mailed Hillary Clinton for comments. Hillary's staff sent back the following biographical sketch:

'Remus Rodham was a famous cowboy in the Montana Territory . His business empire grew to include acquisition of valuable equestrian assets and intimate dealings with the Montana railroad. Beginning in 1883, he devoted several years of his life to service at a government facility, finally taking leave in 1887 to resume his dealings with the railroad. Subsequently, he was a key player in a vital investigation run by the renowned Pinkerton Detective Agency. In 1889, Remus passed away during an important civic function held in his honor, when the platform on which he was standing collapsed.'

And that is how it's done, folks!

4 Comments

You should check things out at snopes before posting urban legends however humerous they are - Sorry.
    snopes.com/pol…asp

Original Poster

Whether this is an urban legend or not, I posted it as bit of humour to be enjoyed.
    If I was looking to post something more serious, then I would check the facts as is.
    I am well read regarding urban legends and my source comes from the Darwin Awards amongst others.
    Try a bit of discussion before having the rudeness to expire and spam a thread. :x

sofatoad;3266635

Whether this is an urban legend or not, I posted it as bit of humour to … Whether this is an urban legend or not, I posted it as bit of humour to be enjoyed. If I was looking to post something more serious, then I would check the facts as is.I am well read regarding urban legends and my source comes from the Darwin Awards amongst others. Try a bit of discussion before having the rudeness to expire and spam a thread. :x

You should put the word JOKE somewhere - your header read "USA Political Spin Doctoring" you even put "And that is how it's done, folks!" - like it was a fact - some people believe everything they read - if that doesn't include you, then another person reading it could have believed it as fact. Once you realise that it's made up and re-read it you also realise - it ain't that funny - most urban legends do fall flat when once exposed - nil points for this one - sorry matey! Expired and spammed because it could mislead people.

Original Poster

crd67;3266641

You should put the word JOKE somewhere - your header read "USA Expired … You should put the word JOKE somewhere - your header read "USA Expired and spammed because it could mislead people.

Mislead people?

Isn't that what "Spin Doctoring" is about (and don't call me matey :x).

I do recall when going through my resource site a variation of a theme of Bill Clinton jogging and the hooker shouting at him $50 as he passed by etc. There was something similar with Prince Charles and the prostitute on the corner shouting at him £50 as he passed by etc.

So get a grip and discuss with the OP or even be a friendly user and add to the Tag if you see something lacking, that's what I would do.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game72844180
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …80138
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846283
      4. Show us your Photos 2017. August's Theme - Animals30401

See more discussions