USA Power Adaptor

    My family and i are going on holiday to America in August. I think that the power supply over there is 110 volts and a 2 pin socket. Al i correct in thinking that to use UK electrical i will need a converter?
    If i do need a converter any suggestions where to purchase one from at a reasonable price?


    Try Maplin, they usually have all that kind of stuff.

    Some electrics, like shavers, have a small dial to reduce the volts.

    It depends on what you're taking over there. Most AC/DC power supplies accept a 110-230v input so at the most, you'll just need a 3 pin to 2 pin adaptor.

    yeah most power bricks will work out with just a pin adaptor. things like tvs, hair dryers etc. tho would likely need a step down converter.

    Original Poster

    Thanks for the advice, REP left.

    Most 220/240 volt items will work in the USA with a converter, however they will often take longer to fully function, be prepared to wait for things.

    Enjoy your trip.. :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211
      3. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2235
      4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917265

      See more discussions