USB > Ethernet = Bridge (XBOX360)

5 replies
Found 23rd Mar 2009
Hi All,

I have a freind who just recently bought an Xbox360.

The only way to connect the Xbox is to bridge his internet connection from his Desktop PC.
He has a Belkin internet dongle that connects to the internet wirelessly.

Can some 1 help me with connecting his Xbox360 to the wireless internet via the dongle?
In Network Connections the wireless dongle does not appear so we cannot just select the LAN and wireless and bridge them.

Can anyone help?

Thanx, Rep awaits..

5 Comments

Original Poster

He is running Windows XP btw

turn the xbox on and plug the ethernet cable in. got o control panel and manage network connections. Highlight the ethernet connection and the usb dongle at the same time, right click and select bridge connection. If that doesnt work let me know, there is an additional step required for some

Original Poster

mcfallg;4717772

turn the xbox on and plug the ethernet cable in. got o control panel and … turn the xbox on and plug the ethernet cable in. got o control panel and manage network connections. Highlight the ethernet connection and the usb dongle at the same time, right click and select bridge connection. If that doesnt work let me know, there is an additional step required for some

Hi, the wireless dongle doesnt appear in the connection thing.
only the LAN appears

My advice is to get a pair of homeplugs - much more stable.

Tanchi;4717891

Hi, the wireless dongle doesnt appear in the connection thing.only the … Hi, the wireless dongle doesnt appear in the connection thing.only the LAN appears

what connections appear in it?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Has the amount of Apple fanboys increased on the site after the redesign?11
    2. Urgent help needed with travel agent56
    3. Submit Mobile Deals from Comparison sites22
    4. NEWBIE Help with a new laptop or PC please?!33

See more discussions