Groups
    EXPIRED

USB Hard Disk Drive at least 30GB MB Cache deal Needed

Hey all,

this is for my bro, i've searched this site but all the USB hard drives on offer are for a crazy amount of GB's! Does anyone know of any good deals for these things?

His PC is over 3 years old so i doubt he has USB 2 or firewire.

Thanks toanyone who helps

EDIT - huh, can't edit teh title, meant to put at least 8MB cache in title too, sorry!

2 Comments

Any USB2 devices will be backwardly compatible with USB1.1, so you'll still be able to use USB2 devices, but only at USB1.1 speeds, which is something like 11Mbps as opposed to 480Mbps.

Get a cheap PCI USB2 card to make the whole experience far more pleasurable!

Check here for the PCI USB2 card:

ebuyer.com/UK/…619

A measley £4.22 + postage!

And while you're there you can pick up this 80GB drive for a mere £49.04:

ebuyer.com/UK/…886

To be honest, you'll pay alot more for drives with less storage, since they tend to be the smaller pocket-stylee drives.

Also, in my opinion, you can NEVER have too much space, so get as big a one as possible because you'll pay alot less per GB of storage the bigger you go. The sweet-spot right now is around 250GB. You can get these for cheaper than £70!, which is 3x the size of the one I recommended at only 40% more cost.

Bargain!

Original Poster

thekanester

Any USB2 devices will be backwardly compatible with USB1.1, so you'll … Any USB2 devices will be backwardly compatible with USB1.1, so you'll still be able to use USB2 devices, but only at USB1.1 speeds, which is something like 11Mbps as opposed to 480Mbps.Get a cheap PCI USB2 card to make the whole experience far more pleasurable!Check here for the PCI USB2 card:]http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/32619A measley £4.22 + postage!And while you're there you can pick up this 80GB drive for a mere £49.04:]http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/113886To be honest, you'll pay alot more for drives with less storage, since they tend to be the smaller pocket-stylee drives.Also, in my opinion, you can NEVER have too much space, so get as big a one as possible because you'll pay alot less per GB of storage the bigger you go. The sweet-spot right now is around 250GB. You can get these for cheaper than £70!, which is 3x the size of the one I recommended at only 40% more cost.Bargain!

Thanks very much, big big help! I'll pass the info on, hopefully he'll go for it. Never knew the USB 2 thing you posted existed & is so cheap :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…3180
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767414
      3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17876393
      4. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4671410

See more discussions