Groups
    EXPIRED

USB hub?

I'm looking to get a usb hub to stop me having to fiddle about at the back of my computer as much.

4 ports is the minimum I want but I've spent about an hour looking around and I don't know what I'm looking for.

I noticed some are self powered (to a certain extent) but only have 4 ports while others seem to need plugs and get 7.

I'm actually pretty good with computers so it's frustrating that I dunno what to go for. :cry: :cry:

Mod Edit: Moved to the "Deal Requests" forum, you'll get more response there.

5 Comments

Get that one: amazon.co.uk/exe…818

You will be totally satisfied. I've been using one for alsmost a year and it's just perfect. I'am using it with 2 external hard drives, HP 1010 Lazer printer, SanDisk Card Reader, iPOd.

Get one from Poundland.

Try>this<

USB hubs that draw power from your computer (passive) have trouble getting things like joysticks and Flash drives to work. (these items require a relatively high amount of power)
    So if you plan to use things like this then I would suggest you get a self-powered hub. If you use items that use the USB to send signals (external hard drives, printers, etc.) a passive hub will suffice.

I prefer the flexibility of the self-powered hubs

:evil:

Why not just buy a new USB card and plonk it in your PC ?

They should be less than a tenner from the like of Ebay ?

I had a Belkin 4 hub usb port (can be either self powered or external) for sale on ebay recently but had no takers. PM me if your interested.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tv choice magazine Issue 3955
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick22
      3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains66
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2020

See more discussions