Found 9th Oct 2016
Has anybody had any experience with USB LED strip lights?
I want to plug them straight into a USB port behind my TV and control them using the remote provided.
My TV's USB port can power my firestick so I don't think it'll be a problem powering these.

For 3m/300cm the cheapest I can find is about £10 from eBay China sellers otherwise UK sellers only seem to have up to 2m/200cm.

Has anybody used these before or can recommend a similar price from the UK?

1. Ask
  2. LED
  3. USB
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. LED
  3. USB
17 Comments

I got some from Amazon about £16, and work good and give a good effect

I use one as a reading light running on a phone charger.

got them for a 65" TV, they're nice but it's annoying when it's movie night and you have to get up to switch them off

Original Poster

nut14

I got some from Amazon about £16, and work good and give a good effect

Hi, what length did you get for what size tv?

Original Poster

anthony212

got them for a 65" TV, they're nice but it's annoying when it's movie … got them for a 65" TV, they're nice but it's annoying when it's movie night and you have to get up to switch them off

Hi, this is the reason I want a remote with mine. What length and how much did you pay?

YouMuppet

Hi, this is the reason I want a remote with mine. What length and how … Hi, this is the reason I want a remote with mine. What length and how much did you pay?

​think they were under a tenner for 4x75cm sets, fulfilled by Amazon too

Original Poster

anthony212

​think they were under a tenner for 4x75cm sets, fulfilled by Amazon too

Thanks, I just found a uk seller on eBay and ordered them. 300cm with a remote for £7.99

YouMuppet

Thanks, I just found a uk seller on eBay and ordered them. 300cm with a … Thanks, I just found a uk seller on eBay and ordered them. 300cm with a remote for £7.99

Hi do you have a link or item number for lights?
Thanks

Original Poster

mistafaz

Hi do you have a link or item number for lights?Thanks

YouMuppet

Thanks, bought it

Original Poster

mistafaz

Thanks, bought it

Nice! Great price

How much would you need for a 40 inch TV? Length wise.

Original Poster

EN1GMA

How much would you need for a 40 inch TV? Length wise.

I'd suggest measuring the back of your tv to be sure, I measured my 40 inch TV leaving a 1 inch space from the edges and I needed a bit over 230cm because mine are going all around the edges.
Edited by: "YouMuppet" 9th Oct 2016

Are you sure your TV will power them? Most need 12 volt. My 5M 300 LED strip needs a 12V 2A transformer to run them. Also I only paid $6.30 for the 5m/300led strip, the controller and the remote, then I got my own transformer. You can cut mine to any length you want and full RGB control, from aliexpress.

Original Poster

dcx_badass

Are you sure your TV will power them? Most need 12 volt. My 5M 300 LED … Are you sure your TV will power them? Most need 12 volt. My 5M 300 LED strip needs a 12V 2A transformer to run them. Also I only paid $6.30 for the 5m/300led strip, the controller and the remote, then I got my own transformer. You can cut mine to any length you want and full RGB control, from aliexpress.

I think these only require 5v

YouMuppet

Hi, what length did you get for what size tv?

amazon.co.uk/gp/…1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1476051005&sr=8-8π=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=usb+led+light+strip&dpPl=1&dpID=51HFuz0Uy6L&ref=plSrch

YouMuppet

Got mine today they look really good.

Mine arrived today too. They look amazing. The double sided tape wasn't strong enough so I used another one.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition51457
    2. Magazine competitions - Issue 42 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1515
    3. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums11
    4. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!11

See more discussions