USB Media player

Posted 22nd Jul
Hi All

Just looking for a media box or something similar that I can plug a USB into to play movies that I have. Needs to connect to the TV via HDMI which I assume will be a must. I had one but the sound and picture were always out of sync but when I play them on another PC or it's plugged directly into a USB port on another TV it works fine???

Thanks for any replies
Community Updates
Ask
16 Comments
Just buy a cheap Android box and install something like VLC
Toon_army22/07/2020 18:20

Just buy a cheap Android box and install something like VLC

VLC is spectacular, it really is a quality program!
That's what I'm currently playing it off. VLC off my acer revo (about 4 years old though) but it's out of sync?
Edited by: "tiki3471" 22nd Jul
X96 Air S905x3 4gb, under £30 and runs great, want it to be amazing though then flash Correlec on a £4 micro SD and it'll out perform anything this side of £100 easily.
tiki347122/07/2020 18:50

That's what I'm currently playing it off. VLC off my acer revo (about 4 …That's what I'm currently playing it off. VLC off my acer revo (about 4 years old though) but it's out of sync?

I know this is annoying but I'm sure you can adjust the audio delay in settings
Maybe a better option posted before this as an android box will give far more options and versatility...... But as you asked

I have one of these, not used it for ages as I have full blown windows 10 micro pc's now. Never had any issues with it and it played everything I threw at it. Also a newer version for about 7 quid more

Sumvision cyclone 2+

Edit Vlc audio delay options
Edited by: "a666andy" 22nd Jul
What brand or model android box is there that you would suggest?
How about an xbox from cex
Edited by: "ding" 22nd Jul
tiki347122/07/2020 20:43

Do you need anything else, like an xbox or firestick or blu Ray player that can act as a media player
nopartylikeansclubparty22/07/2020 20:52

Do you need anything else, like an xbox or firestick or blu Ray player …Do you need anything else, like an xbox or firestick or blu Ray player that can act as a media player

Not really.
tiki347122/07/2020 20:43

Observation: fulfilled Amazon so easy return etc if not happy: desirable S905X3 4GB+32GB £36.99 amazon.co.uk/TUR…68/
arguably better value for twice the storage at 64GB for extra £3 amazon.co.uk/Sid…DH/
or about a tenner less via the slow boat, plus any applicable import fees and effectively zero warranty.
nopartylikeansclubparty22/07/2020 18:48

VLC is spectacular, it really is a quality program!

I find it dire on android as it never seems to resume, just always restarts from the beginning. Mx player is much better. Vlc is great on a pc though.
Thanks all for the replies. Gone for the Sumvison cyclone.
tiki347125/07/2020 06:49

Why? That's an ancient box that has a terrible interface and £30 is ridiculous. Got mine for £15 5 years ago and haven't used it for years as its rubbish.

Note that the cyclone can't play the latest hevc/h265 files
Edited by: "chocci" 25th Jul
tiki347125/07/2020 06:49

Basically the worse recommendation in the thread, good work. I've got a cyclone 2, and whilse it worked fine, even in 2011 when I got it the interface felt clunky and out dated, I'd not even consider one now when you can get better for the same price, it doesn't support 4k, hevc/h265, 10bit and others.
Should I return it and get an android box then?
Post a comment
@
    Text