USB MEMORY STICK FOR LG TV - WHAT MEMORY DO I NEED?

Found 19th Nov 2015
Hi.
While we have a new roof put on our house, the house is surrounded by scaffolding and has knocked the SKY signal out on 3 of the 4 TV's, so we have a few weeks of using freeview, Amazon Prime free trial and Now TV, yahhhhh-boo!
I have a LG Smart TV in my bedroom and want to be able to record programmes to catch up with when I go to bed of an evening, only 1-3 hours probably, but I have no idea what I need to buy in a USB stick to do this.
I'm not very tech knowledgable so any advice would be great!
Thanks in advance!
Dea.
Community Updates
9 Comments
Next door are having an extension built , they simply had the dish moved and bolted to the outside of the scaffolding while the work was being done, there's normally enough spare cable on the dish to move it a few feet . Is that an option ?
Edited by: "rogparki" 19th Nov 2015
Any USB stick will do,
Are you going to be recording in SD or HD as that makes a difference. I've read up on this myself only a little bit though, it could be from 1hour recording = 1gb up to 4.5gb. All depends on the quality and length of recording. When I was reading some stated the USB stick wouldn't record and they needed a hard drive with its own power supply to record.
Are you sure the TV has the ability to record to USB in the first instance?
Original Poster
rufnek2kx

Are you sure the TV has the ability to record to USB in the first … Are you sure the TV has the ability to record to USB in the first instance?

Yes!
Original Poster
Poppyj1

Are you going to be recording in SD or HD as that makes a difference. … Are you going to be recording in SD or HD as that makes a difference. I've read up on this myself only a little bit though, it could be from 1hour recording = 1gb up to 4.5gb. All depends on the quality and length of recording. When I was reading some stated the USB stick wouldn't record and they needed a hard drive with its own power supply to record.

Thanks!
Original Poster
rogparki

Next door are having an extension built , they simply had the dish moved … Next door are having an extension built , they simply had the dish moved and bolted to the outside of the scaffolding while the work was being done, there's normally enough spare cable on the dish to move it a few feet . Is that an option ?

Unfortunately not, where we live the slightest gust of wind knocks the sky out so we've got the two dishes set in position where they won't budge unless a tornado hit! Thanks for the tip though!
I assume your tv has time machine. The main thing is that it needs to have a high read/write-speed and also a high storage capacity - 32gb+.
Original Poster
Canary0500

I assume your tv has time machine. The main thing is that it needs to … I assume your tv has time machine. The main thing is that it needs to have a high read/write-speed and also a high storage capacity - 32gb+.

All I know is it asked me to insert the USB to record when I accidental pressed record instead of reminder?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants