USB Modem in South Africa

I need a USB modem to use in South Africa in February. Anyone out there or here know the best place to buy one. I will only be using it for 3 weeks whilst I do some charity work there. So a pay as you go would be great.

6 Comments

your best option would be toy use wifi if they have it out there or see if they ahve one when you get there
as our british usb modems would cost an absoulute fortune out there even on pay as you go

one of the biggest in sa

telkom.co.za/com…tml

where are you off to -- beautiful country but you will be working - be careful - good luck enjoy

Original Poster

holly100;6713874

one of the biggest in … one of the biggest in sahttp://www.telkom.co.za/common/allproducts/index.htmlwhere are you off to -- beautiful country but you will be working - be careful - good luck enjoy

Thanks. Clarens, in the Free State. Beautiful place, quite safe. It's my 5th trip.

Original Poster

jamespir;6713806

your best option would be toy use wifi if they have it out there or see … your best option would be toy use wifi if they have it out there or see if they ahve one when you get there as our british usb modems would cost an absoulute fortune out there even on pay as you go

WiFi is not that common in this small town but might be possible now. Would like to be able to blog and post from somewhere near the top of Sentinel and the Amphitheatre where Zulu was filmed.

Get an unlocked USB modem and then use a local sim card in it. On a trip to Spain recently I used a MasMovil sim card in an unlocked modem , it worked a treat with speeds of 2mb and cost just over 10 euro for a lot of use

I bought the modem for £5 delivered it was originally a 3 modem

Original Poster

trinaandlee;6714139

Get an unlocked USB modem and then use a local sim card in it. On a trip … Get an unlocked USB modem and then use a local sim card in it. On a trip to Spain recently I used a MasMovil sim card in an unlocked modem , it worked a treat with speeds of 2mb and cost just over 10 euro for a lot of useI bought the modem for £5 delivered it was originally a 3 modem

That's looking the best idea. Thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Cheapo tips for around the home. Aka "life hacks"2037
    2. so sick of this summer weather enough .......1929
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763947
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846082

See more discussions